Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    It's not much taller than an NC700X, I'm on the balls of my feet on mine and it wasn't much effort to mount the AT.

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Today I gave her a thoroughly good clean ...and realised I shouldn't go anywhere until I get those brake pads replaced, both front and rear. Sigh...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    You got your money s worth out of those brake pads!

JT

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Jt105 View Post
    You got your money s worth out of those brake pads!

JT
    One way to put it, I suppose ;-)

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700S
    I done gone done and did it. The hotter, faster, prettier, taller big sister got me to cheat on My NC. I hope polygamy works for me, I still like my NC a lot.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? SilverRocket's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XDLG
    I finally got around to riding out to Mulholland Highway. I wanted to see how the canyons are after the fires and rains in Malibu and to also try out my new Dianese Scout 2 winter gloves. It stopped raining a few days before and was a clear sunny day, but rather cold. Into the 50's in the day time, which is cold for us here.

Most of the roads were clear but once on Mulholland I could see huge areas where the side of the hill was just waiting to come crashing down. Lots of narrow canyons had become raging rivers during the rains and were now looking very different from the way they did during the drought. One segment had a creek that was altered so much that a stream of water was now running across the road, which left my bike's underside covered in grey mud.
    The hillsides were mostly green, looking like Ireland, from all the rains.

I could see a lot more than in the past, as most of the trees and brush that had blocked my view before were all gone. Still lots of construction crews and telephone line installers driving around.

The bridge in Cornell was out and will probably be that way for a long time, so I stopped in at The Old Place for a quick visit to get warm. So yes, the new gloves don't work as well as I'd hoped. I guess I will be seeing if my Barkbusters fit when I have time.
    Didn't make it to the Snake, so will save that for a warmer day.

Bike: '17 NC700X
    I built a set of stairs on the driveway out of snow. The HOA won't give us a handrail on our steep drive.

I looked at my bike in my frozen garage with the saddest eyes. I told myself I don't have to do my valves yet because I haven't officially hit 32k miles.
    I'd complain more about the cold but I suspect I wouldn't get any sympathy from anyone east of the Cascades

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Commuted to work, It was 30 but dry when I left this morning, it's been raining every work day for 3 weeks and I've given up riding in the rain (too many close calls with cagers)
    Should be a beautiful ride home in the 50's2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Commuted to work, It was 30 but dry when I left this morning, it's been raining every work day for 3 weeks and I've given up riding in the rain (too many close calls with cagers)

Should be a beautiful ride home in the 50's2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    I agree, they get pretty crazy when the water starts. My rule is that I won't ride TO work in the rain but I will consider riding home. Only because I don't want to walk around in wet shoes all day and don't want to store a riding pair. But I won't ride in if it looks like it may be a downpour later. As for the crazies, I drive a truck and train other drivers so it's my job to watch for the nuts. I am hyper vigilant and watch everything. (knock wood). The ones that really scare me, especially in the rain, are those other bikers that seem to think that they are invincible because they don't seem to realize how we can appear out of thin air to other drivers.

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Bike: '17 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    I don't miss seeing that frost on my own bike!

I don't like the rain, but I don't mind it either. Sure makes me wish the NC came with a shaft-drive though. Up here I'd never be able to ride if I only stuck to dry days. I'd guess I've gone at least 8k miles in the rain, likely more. After a certain point it becomes meditative, the sound of rain pattering on your helmet.

This is of course assuming you can stay dry. Waterproof pants usually means you have about a half hour to an hour before your butt gets damp. Weatherproof boots and gloves are a must. Bless Gore-Tex.