Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1205

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Not much. Rode this afternoon to fencing practice at the high school. I think one of the new kids quit. H.S. fencing has a reputation of not being a "real sport" because it is not typically a "varsity" recognized sport despite its Olympic status. So some kids think it is easy. It's not. We had a good practice but the kids were sweating and several were complaining. Hell I'm less than 2 weeks away from 59 years old and I was doing what they were doing and they wanted to quit??? WTF! After that practice I rode to the fencing club for another practice!

Rode home in the dark after club practice. A WHITE cat crossed my path about a mile from home. If a black cat is unlucky, is a white cat lucky?

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Heh, mine is in a couple of weeks as well(55)..! Happy upcoming birthday ole' man!! :{P
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Dellaster's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 KLX250S, 2013 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Rode home in the dark after club practice. A WHITE cat crossed my path about a mile from home. If a black cat is unlucky, is a white cat lucky?
    For itself, at least. A black cat crossing the road after dark isn’t likely to have a long life, alas.
    —Ted

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    So here is a not so funny thing that happened to me while i was riding to the 4 National Parks on vacation the other week. You know how it is, You're just cruising along minding your own business when something out of the blue happens...right!!?? Haha, so there i was miles from nowhere(between Missoula Mt and Salmon Idaho when something hits my right foot/boot. Not hard, but just enough to be noticeable. It's late and i'm getting tired and it's almost sunset. I'm riding along and i don't see anything or notice anything, the bike feels/rides fine so i keep going and press on. I get to camp after dark, set up and go to bed.

The following morning i awake and after breakfast i check the bike over. Well, much to my surprise i notice two wires dangling from the right/front... Hmm i think to myself, what in the world are those two wires for. Haha, then it dawned on me DUOOOH, The Denali sound Bomb is missing... oh no! Ratz, that is what must've fallen off the evening before and tagged my boot and i just couldn't find it nor did i see it tumbling along. That was an expensive part!

Well i promptly ordered a pair of Fiamm's Hi/Lo(72102 + 72112) and let's see how these two little noise makers compare to the Denali!! They arrived today and i'll get them installed this week. I hate riding without a loud horn to get folks' attention when needed.

So note to self, keep checking the bolts as this twin is no different than any other twin as it rattles and shakes stuff loose. I even used lock-tite on that Sound Bomb and it still rattled loose and took the interstate tumble! :{P
    May be some nylock nuts

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Let my tags expire and now it is perfect weather for riding!!! *facepalm* It was 52F this morning and will be around 78F this afternoon. And I really don't wanna risk getting ticketed for that. Renewed online and new tags should be in tomorrow! Moral of the story, don't let your tags expire! lol

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by superdedooperman View Post
    Let my tags expire and now it is perfect weather for riding!!! *facepalm* It was 52F this morning and will be around 78F this afternoon. And I really don't wanna risk getting ticketed for that. Renewed online and new tags should be in tomorrow! Moral of the story, don't let your tags expire! lol
    Since you renewed on-line can't you just print a copy of your receipt and carry it with you? We can do that in my state until our new sticker/plate arrives.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Since you renewed on-line can't you just print a copy of your receipt and carry it with you? We can do that in my state until our new sticker/plate arrives.
    Don't know about that, but will check on it asap.

still under the cover... and still waiting for the new tire... that still isn't here yet! :{

I brushed the frost off(29f) this morning and rode to work one last time on the old rear 705. The new one arrived and i'll take it off and have it mounted up tomorrow. Then have the fun of breaking it in! :{)

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    I brushed the frost off(29f) this morning and rode to work one last time on the old rear 705. The new one arrived and i'll take it off and have it mounted up tomorrow. Then have the fun of breaking it in! :{)
    Curious, what gloves do you use in cold weather?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk