Page 114 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1309

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    I had a one beer a few years back that I would be fine driving the car. On the bike I noticed the difference and have not done it since.

Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

When I do multi day trips a very good bottle of bourbon or rye is in the bag - for the after-ride relaxation (usually with a good pipe or cigar as well). But never during the ride. 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    When I do multi day trips a very good bottle of bourbon or rye is in the bag - for the after-ride relaxation (usually with a good pipe or cigar as well). But never during the ride. 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Same here. Some of my goto's are Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill or Four Roses Single or Rare Breed are in the bags. Last one was actually some Woodford Double-Oaked. I have some really nice-smelling Mac Baren Vanilla Cream e pipe tobacco I cannot wait to try out. Toss in a good fire, comfy chair and an interesting read and I am good for the night.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    If we're being honest, I'm a pretty big fan of having a few beers while out on motorbikes if given the opportunity. I don't do it often and try not to overindulge, but it has happened. But, it doesn't make much of a difference in my judgement. I know all the safety nazis will say otherwise, but I've always been able to drive extremely well even after over indulging. Goes for cars or motorcycles. In my younger days, I was always the DD (drunk driver) because I didn't trust riding with friends and I knew I was capable of getting us all home without any accidental or legal issues.

I did get a DUI back in 2011, but it was a result of other factors. I had already dropped all my buddies off safely and was heading home and got popped for speeding, smelled the booze, went to jail. I normally wouldn't have been speeding, but we all used to be cool with the night shift cops in our area. They knew what we were doing out at night and never bothered us, and if they pulled us over, they just told us to go home, and sometimes would even follow us home. Eventually those guys found better jobs elsewhere and got some rookies in their place. I was literally less than 1 mile from my house and the road is a 40mph road, but you can easily run 70mph on it without any issue, and I was used to flying down that road because of the leniancy of the local cops....then I got busted by a rookie for speeding. Lol

I dont drink near as much as I used to, but still don't hesitate to have a few and drive. My wife doesn't drink a whole lot, so if we are out (in a car) and I have a few, I let her drive home, because a DUI would impact me more now than in my younger days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    If we're being honest...
    All the hippies and hypocrites have those silly "COEXIST" bumperstickers on their cars yet they are often the least tolerant people if someone express an opinion that differs from their opinion du jour.

But when it comes to riding I think its best to coexist and ride your own ride.

We can all share that passion.

I travel with bourbon. I live with bourbon. Probably 100 bottles in my cabinets at any time. And virtually none of those are commonly found on store shelves. Fine and rare limited editions for me. We each have our own passions. Me: its guns, dogs and bourbon in addition to taking a ride on a bike. Take it or leave it. I'm all in favor of letting other ride as they wish as long as I can ride my ride.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    All the hippies and hypocrites have those silly "COEXIST" bumperstickers on their cars yet they are often the least tolerant people if someone express an opinion that differs from their opinion du jour.

But when it comes to riding I think its best to coexist and ride your own ride.

We can all share that passion.

I travel with bourbon. I live with bourbon. Probably 100 bottles in my cabinets at any time. And virtually none of those are commonly found on store shelves. Fine and rare limited editions for me. We each have our own passions. Me: its guns, dogs and bourbon in addition to taking a ride on a bike. Take it or leave it. I'm all in favor of letting other ride as they wish as long as I can ride my ride.

You and I would probably get along well. Not because of the bourbon, but moreso mindsets. I'm solely a beer drinker, although a connoisseur of sorts. I keep up with new beers drank on an app, currently at 815 different beers. Had to back down on my craft beer consumption, some of those have 300+ calories in them...I used to be skinny as a bean pole, then my metabolism slowed down and my tendency to eat well and drink fine beers snuck up on me quick in the form of new pants and shirt sizes. Lol

Any sort of liqour makes me cringe. Probably due to too many pints of Jack Daniel's drank straight or chased in high school. Those nights usually involved atv's and camping, and most of those nights I made by bed somewhere in the leaves on the ground unintentionally, and never made it to the tent I had previously set up earlier that night. The smell of any whiskey or whatever gives me flashbacks. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacomaJD; 4th October 2019 at 16:44.

Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    Same here. Some of my goto's are Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill or Four Roses Single or Rare Breed are in the bags. Last one was actually some Woodford Double-Oaked. I have some really nice-smelling Mac Baren Vanilla Cream e pipe tobacco I cannot wait to try out. Toss in a good fire, comfy chair and an interesting read and I am good for the night.
    You should try this
    Villiger New World Export 1.5oz | Buy Villiger Pipe Tobacco at Smokingpipes

A lot folks donít care for aromatics, but this is dry, cool smoking, and smells great. I love Virginiaís and a few English (Old Dog is a fav whenever I can find a stray tin) - but this Villiger is very good.

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    Took an 80 mile recon ride to check the progress of a bridge being replaced on one of the ride routes, turns out it isn't set to be completed until summer of 2021 ... there is a single lane over the old bridge being used with a traffic light.

At this point the delay seems to only be about 5 mins so we're still a go. At some point it's supposed to be up to a 40 min delay, we will not be going that way once that happens.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    And back to our regularly scheduled program...

Today all it did was sit under the cover and pout while i took the van to work. I had to make a Lowes trip and haul a new dishwasher and 2 front doors/frames. It was packed full and very little weight.
    hahah Tomorrow i will take the NC out for a nice long ride to make up for it! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Super Moderator 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Rode 500 miles today between home and Northern Arkansas. The ride started at 44*F and ended somewhere around 80*F. Shivering to sweating in the course of one ride! But, the winds were light and the roads were dry. The NC got to take it’s fifth boat ride today. Once on a ship to the US from the Japan factory, I assume, and four times with me on ferries. It was a good day in motorcycle land.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-d49e7d42-cb34-434a-b78f-a962cbb9152a-jpg
    Last edited by 670cc; 6th October 2019 at 12:49. Reason: Added photo
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250