Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1348

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    RICHMOND TWP, MI
    Posts
    218
    Got my February ride in. It was about 45 degrees, I did like 50 miles, wasn't to bad.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20190203_130011-1612x1209-jpg
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

  2. #102
    Junior Member
    Bike: Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    9
    BoobLinker what is the tire you have on the bike?

    Thanks
    Pieter

  3. #103
    Senior Member Jt105's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
    Got my February ride in. It was about 45 degrees, I did like 50 miles, wasn't to bad.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20190203_130011-1612x1209-jpg
    I was tempted today to go for a ride, but seeing your bike covered in salt is an affirmation for me to leave it in the garage. I hope you have a hose handy to spray that salt off.

    JT

  4. #104
    Senior Member drdubb's Avatar
    Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,692
    Went exploring in BFE today. While running down a previously unridden gravel road, I noticed that I was in reserve. Had no idea how long I'd been in reserve or where the nearest gas was from my position. (wasn't even sure what my position was) I could not remember if it counted up or down. Quite a panic at 0,0. When it flipped to .1, I felt much relief.

    Still had a great little ride.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

  5. #105
    Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    382
    ~160mi today.

    Normally there's a beautiful view here. Instead, it was 38 and rainy. I was very glad for my heated grips, but wish my Aerostich didn't leak at the crotch.



    there was a decent water crossing too.


  6. #106
    Senior Member Jt105's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by drdubb View Post
    Went exploring in BFE today. While running down a previously unridden gravel road, I noticed that I was in reserve. Had no idea how long I'd been in reserve or where the nearest gas was from my position. (wasn't even sure what my position was) I could not remember if it counted up or down. Quite a panic at 0,0. When it flipped to .1, I felt much relief.

    Still had a great little ride.
    The reserve countdown resets itself whenever you go up a hill and the fuel sloshes back on the gauge and registers two bars. Then when the bike is level, it registers one bar again and starts counting again from 0.0.

    JT

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    RICHMOND TWP, MI
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jt105 View Post
    I was tempted today to go for a ride, but seeing your bike covered in salt is an affirmation for me to leave it in the garage. I hope you have a hose handy to spray that salt off.

    JT
    Not salt, its the dirt they use on my gravel road, it's kind of like baseball diamond dirt with gravel added(They put a few inches of it down last spring). But yes, I fired up the power washer and gave her a good cleaning after.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    RICHMOND TWP, MI
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter78 View Post
    BoobLinker what is the tire you have on the bike?

    Thanks
    Pieter
    Front- Shinko Adventure Trail E805 150/70/B17, I believe that one is 1" taller, and a little skinnier than stock
    Rear- Continental Twinduro 120/70-17 I think that is the same size as stock
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    RICHMOND TWP, MI
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jt105 View Post
    The reserve countdown resets itself whenever you go up a hill and the fuel sloshes back on the gauge and registers two bars. Then when the bike is level, it registers one bar again and starts counting again from 0.0.

    JT
    I hate that, wish the computer knew when it started blinking and wouldn't let it go back to 2 bars until you fill up.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

  10. #110
    Super Moderator 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,116
    The driveway ice melted, so I saw an opportunity to go riding. Which bike should I get dirty? I chose the NC.

    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-99a1045c-4d7a-4666-a176-a1042817088e-jpg

    I made a trip to the local lake to see how much was frozen. Every other lake is frozen over, but this one is heated by a nuclear power plant. Still, there was more ice than I expected. Some people I know water ski every month of the year, and have done so for over 200 months, regardless of the cold. They skied just before I got there. They had pictures of them shoveling snow off the boat ramp.

    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-898dbbce-adca-4db6-bdfb-e0d5e935f112-jpg

    After the ride, the NC got a quick wash to remove road salt.
    Last edited by 670cc; 4th February 2019 at 07:22.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Similar Threads

  1. 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    By maxou723 in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 1914
    Last Post: 30th April 2019, 09:36
  2. Rented an nc700 today.
    By T S N in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 16th October 2016, 21:23
  3. 2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    By maxou723 in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 1669
    Last Post: 1st January 2016, 07:50
  4. So what did you do TO your NC700 today.
    By JDE in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 2729
    Last Post: 21st February 2015, 07:51
  5. 2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?
    By happy in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 791
    Last Post: 14th January 2014, 13:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •