Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1072

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2014 NC700X, 2018 GL 1800 Tour DCT
    We took a ~120 mile run up the river for a bite to eat, and got back before it hit 90.

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Every day this week I needed to carry something for work (computers, UPS, etc.) so no commuting on the bike. Yes, I could ride then use the company car but due to locations, that's triple the driving and I get home later. Not much fun but it makes the most sense (especially when I've been short on sleep).

Since I have the Police advanced training course Sunday (police teaching the public), I decided to adjust the clutch and throttle tonight. Tomorrow I'll lube the chain and adjust the rebound on the Aprila shock (a little bouncy now). Last year I got to help repair two Harleys so we'll see how this year goes. For those curious, repairs were minor. One was a loose mirror... Got to love a smooth engine. 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Seriously, there were some sharp bikes in the class and the people cared more about riding well than specific brands.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Mirrors come loose on smooth engine bikes too! Mine jarred loose on my NC a few weeks ago on the way home, luckily it was only a few miles from my house so I didn't have to deal with it for very long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, mirrors can come loose on any bike. It's happened to me a few times.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Mirrors come loose on smooth engine bikes too! Mine jarred loose on my NC a few weeks ago on the way home, luckily it was only a few miles from my house so I didn't have to deal with it for very long.

Phhht, my guess is ya scraped it in a turn..

Im supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Phhht, my guess is ya scraped it in a turn..
    Sounds like a good story to me! 😎

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Got up early to take a ride with the eldest son and head into the Idaho Panhandle National Forest looking for large K9's. The fog had us socked in and we weren't able to get into the woods until 9am, we had to wait for the fog to burn off enough to be able to see more than 50 yards. Had a great 115 mile ride on the NC(60 miles rock/dirt). We ended up in the Whisky Rock/Lakeview area behind Lake Pend Oreille sight seeing/riding around. Later we found some K9 tracks in the dirt in a few places, but none would show themselves haha. We have three good areas scouted out and will now wait for the first snow. Here are a few pics from this mornings' ride. :{)

Over looking Lake Pend Oreille, with the little town of Bayview in the one bay. Bayview played an essential role in WW2 with it's naval/submarine base. Strange to have a Sub training base in the middle of the Idaho Panhandle mountains, but with it's 1,150' depths it was crucial.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-lakeview-ride7-jpg

Another shot of Bayview in the distance. You may be able to pickout one of the Submarine stations there in the bay's inlet. Lake Pend Oreille in the northern Idaho Panhandle is the largest lake in the U.S. state of Idaho and the 38th-largest lake by area in the United States, with a surface area of 148 square miles. It is 43 miles long, and 1,150 feet deep in some regions, making it the fifth-deepest in the nation.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-lakeview-ride10-jpg

On my way out, i stopped off at one of the Iron Wire Sentries. I have target practiced there in years past from one tower to another(about 1k yards) and from one to a third(skipping one) making it about 1930 yards(I/we always were away from the towers/wires enough to not endanger them or ourselves).
    YouTube

I used to enjoy shooting extreme distances years before it was popular, now i pretty much just RIDE my NC!!
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-lakeview-ride13-jpg
    Last edited by Rapturee; 7th September 2019 at 18:01. Reason: picture
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Cool pics, and a deep lake! Nice country out there!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Changed out the rear sprocket for the 41t. I took it out for a shakedown ride and I am VERY happy with it now. I did lose a little acceleration but since I can count on one hand the number of times I have taken off full throttle (and most of those were for testing purposes), I am not going to miss it much. But it is now turning about 32 or 3300 at 75 mph, which is lower than my pickup truck. It should cruise on the highway much better now. And I am very impressed with the 12 o'clock labs speedo correction too.

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Advanced class completed. 9 Harleys, 1 BMW dual sport, and my nc700x.

Only one bike was dropped and that was one of the officers practicing tight turns.

Locking the rear wheel (non-abs) and skidding from pavement to grass is still uneasy. Sure, it's only 15mph but a squirming bike isn't fun.

The new police Harleys can do wheelies and spin the rear tire on take off.

Got to hear about some issues they're having with the new Harleys.

Locked my rear tire on pavement because I got on the brakes too late and hard. Realized I was going to lock the rear wheel, decided to let off and blow the box... I was abruptly informed by the bike that I'd already locked the rear. No harm and I kept moving but I was a little distracted the rest of that lap.

Lots of fun. I got some video from the bike using a go pro knock-off. Never used it on the bike so I don't know what quality to expect. I'll post if the video is descent.