Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top speed frustration

Bike: 2012 NC 700
    I experienced the same top speed on my '12 NC700x. Prior to this bike I had an 09 VStrom 650 that I got up to 115 before I chickened out. The two bikes have similar features and properties if you aren't married to Honda. If you figure out some fancy mods that get you breaking into triple digits let me know

Bike: NC750XD (model 2015)
    I have a 750X DCT with stock sprockets and 20 inch MadStad screen. With a light front breeze, mine does 110 mph max. It hits 90 mph quite fast, but any further increase takes some patience (which I don't have in general). Upto 80 mph the bike's rides wonderful, no need to go any faster anyway. It's more useful to have good torque and overtake vehicles without lag, than to have high end speed. My oppinion.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    My 2015 stock NC700X is a double digit machine. I tried to break 100, but no dice. It wanted to, but I think I need to push away from the dinner table to get it there.

My old Suzuki GS500E would hit 120mph easily and 135 mph if I laid flat on the tank and put feet on back pegs. It revĒd about 6500 at normal freeway speeds with +1 tooth front sprocket. It was a fun bike at the time. My neighbor has one for sale so I sat on it. Brought back good memories, but no desire to own it again.

JT

Bike: inspiring
    Right, my Aprilia RSVR 998 V2 would run right up to 155 mph or so and then start slowing down. And my Euro VFR did 235 kph all day long on the autobahn. Not sure what this has to do with a NC7 though, or why it would need an enhanced top speed.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with a NC7 though, or why it would need an enhanced top speed.
    I just find it interesting how bikes are specifically designed for a purpose. Some go fast. Some go slow. Some are just ridiculously powerful. Some just enough.
    The NC700X was specifically designed as a commuter bike and really excells in that role. Top speed was engineered to allow reasonable freeway travel, but no more. The benefits are great fuel economy and a good power band around town.
    I love my NC, but if I need to cross North Dakota and Montana again Iíll take my ST1300.

JT

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    It really sounds like not enough thought went in before purchase. Thought of what will be expected from the bike, and thought of the actual output from the bike. Where I live, the interstates are max of 70 mph, city averages 35 and most rural roads 55. Other than in the city, I am usually within 10 mph. The NC (700 or 750) performs exactly how it was designed. A bunch of friends of mine have a saying "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." Why would a commuter bike have to have excessive top speeds for commuting in and out of work?

If you want excessive top speed, (95 mph is a ticket to jail in most areas) then I would probably suggest a Liter bike. I'd love to have something like a KTM Super Duke 1290, but I would never be able to leave first gear in the city... And I would end up spending too much time in jail and have too many tickets.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: 2012 NC 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    A bunch of friends of mine have a saying "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow."
    Thatís a great saying! I alternate between commuting on my NC and my Rebel250. The smaller bike is much more fun off highway and around the neighborhood.

After some more saddle time Im really happy with the power and top speed.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor