Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Ride?

Bike: PC800

Test Ride?

I am wondering if there is anyone in the Boston are with an NC that would let me do a short test ride. I am very interested in buying one but would feel even better knowing what one feels like.

I am in Melrose, MA. Nothing long, just some street and a short hop on the highway. I am fully insured. So if there is anyone out there willing to accommodate let me know.

Bike: nc700x
    Perhaps going to a Honda Dealership would serve your interests. My Dealership is very willing in this area of Customer Service and Sales.

The only way that any dealership in this area that I have found is to fill out all of the paperwork as if one is buying the bike. Along with writing them a check. They don't have any demo bikes to try out. That has been my experience in the Boston area.

Where is your dealership?

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Bettencourt's Honda/Suzuki in West Bridgewater is very generous with test rides. The day after I passed my test last year, I test drove the NC700X, a VStrom, a CTX, and a 650 Versys. I was sold on the NC but found a used one elsewhere. They are also good, honest people with a great reputation. If I had the funds for a new bike I would buy one there. I'm thinking of going back to check out the CB650F.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseonbass View Post
    Bettencourt's Honda/Suzuki in West Bridgewater is very generous with test rides. The day after I passed my test last year, I test drove the NC700X, a VStrom, a CTX, and a 650 Versys. I was sold on the NC but found a used one elsewhere. They are also good, honest people with a great reputation. If I had the funds for a new bike I would buy one there. I'm thinking of going back to check out the CB650F.

I did check with them and they do not have any new or used NCs. Thank you anyway.
    Last edited by carter; 21st March 2018 at 11:13.

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    If you wait until June, mosey on over to Americade. You can test ride almost anything.

On another point, in my fifty one years of riding it has always been considered a major faux pas to ask to ride someone's bike.

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Just do what I did, go to dealer with no intention to buy, sit on bike, sign papers 10 minutes later
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -MMOTO fully welded luggage rack
    -Dales seat rack
    -Corbin seat

Bike: NC750XD
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy da vig View Post
    in my fifty one years of riding it has always been considered a major faux pas to ask to ride someone's bike.
    The polite way is to wait for the other rider to propose, but it may not happen. It is always easier when there is some kind of bike exchange, you want to try his and he wants to try yours. And keeping in mind that shit can happen, so if you absolutely can't stand someone dropping your bike, don't get into that. A good friend dropped mine and still feels bad about it, I don't care much but find it funny to remind him from time to time

So getting to try a bike without asking, from people that don't know you and with nothing to trade is going to be touchy. Better luck finding a willing fellow forum member around.

Senior Member Test Ride? GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Hey Carter,
    Ignore the courtesy lessons. I see no problem with your request. If I was nearby I'd invite you over. But mine is set up for a tall rider so it might not be to your liking.
    I knew the bike was good for me. I drove 10 hours to pick up a used one. Check out the used market in your area. These bikes last a long time and a used may have nice farkles included.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels