Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did your 600 mile service cost?

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT

What did your 600 mile service cost?

I'm trying to get an idea what my first service will cost on my NC700XD. Here the Honda place charges $75 an hour which seems cheaper than what the labor rate was in Florida. I recall it being $115- $125 per hour. I have purchased the oil and filter from them already so it all depends on how long there 600 mile service takes.

Super Moderator What did your 600 mile service cost? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    My machines never return to dealers except for safety recalls. Therefore, my 600 mile service probably cost me less than $25 for supplies. Note that the DCT has an extra oil filter not used on the manual transmission. Dealers have been known to be ignorant about the DCT filter. There’s very little that needs to be done at 600 miles so I can’t imagine it being a reason to take it to a dealer. It’s pretty much common sense inspection and adjustment that owners should really be doing themselves for their own safety.

By law in the U.S., warranties do not require you to pay a dealer for the service. Just keep records and receipts.

If you Google “nc700-forum 600 mile service”, there are a whole bunch of prior threads on the 600 mile service topic.
    Last edited by 670cc; 12th March 2018 at 15:39.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX

Senior Member What did your 600 mile service cost?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    My machines never return to dealers except for safety recalls. Therefore, my 600 mile service probably cost me less than $25 for supplies. Note that the DCT has an extra oil filter not used on the manual transmission. Dealers have been known to be ignorant about the DCT filter. There’s very little that needs to be done at 600 miles so I can’t imagine it being a reason to take it to a dealer. It’s pretty much common sense inspection and adjustment that owners should really be doing themselves for their own safety. By law in the U.S., warranties do not require you to pay a dealer for the service. Just keep records and receipts.

If you Google “nc700-forum 600 mile service”, there are a whole bunch of prior threads on the 600 mile service topic.
    It’s easy and doesn’t require a lot of tools or mechanical expertise. Just some time, but you’ll feel a real sense of accomplishment knowing it was done right and nothing was scratched, skipped, or stripped. And the help from this forum will give you every detail you need short of how to make the coffee :cool

Oil Change

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    My machines never return to dealers except for safety recalls. Therefore, my 600 mile service probably cost me less than $25 for supplies. Note that the DCT has an extra oil filter not used on the manual transmission. Dealers have been known to be ignorant about the DCT filter. There’s very little that needs to be done at 600 miles so I can’t imagine it being a reason to take it to a dealer. It’s pretty much common sense inspection and adjustment that owners should really be doing themselves for their own safety.

By law in the U.S., warranties do not require you to pay a dealer for the service. Just keep records and receipts.

Believe me, I would if I could. I can't get down on the ground like that any more. These old bones.

Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    The DCT filter only needs to be changed every other time but I changed mine at the 600 mile mark.

Bike: NC750XD
    Which is a good idea as the break-in oil will contain a lot or particles. For 15$ I would not skip the DCT filter on the first oil change.

Senior Member What did your 600 mile service cost? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    600 mile service is only oil change and check bolts, screws, check chain if adjustment is needed. It shouldn't take more than an hour of labor (I do these in less than 30 minutes on my manual) and you already have the oil and filter (you will need 2 filters for the dct).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT ABS

Oil Change

I have everything but the DCT filter. Didn't know if that needed to be changed at 600 miles.

Bike: NC750XD
    On the maintenance schedule in your owner guide: at 600 miles replace oil, engine oil filter, clutch oil filter (DCT).

Then clutch filter every two engine oil change (every 16k miles).

So... change it.