Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy

Bike: 2014 Honda CTX1300

Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy

I am going to look at a 2013 NC700X with 2K miles this weekend that seems fairly priced. It looks really nice in the photos (Craigslist). I've also been looking on YouTube for maintenance videos and after the few I saw, it looks like engine oil/filter is a snap. Also battery access, in the front of that large "tank" compartment looks very easy also. That's good news, but I think typical of modern Japanese bikes.

Any thoughts or things I need to be aware of with the 2013 NC700X? Recalls? Issues?

Here's a pic . . .

Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy-2013-nc700x-1-jpg

Bike: NC700X
    Valve clearance is little bit more involved but they have far intervals. Havenít done the air filter but heard thatís a pain.

There isnít anything NC700X specific but would look at things that you would with any used bikes. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Bike: 2012 NC700X & many others.....
    The OEM chain does not seem to last too long on the 700.........keep that sucka lubed and cleaned!!

Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    Valve clearance is little bit more involved but they have far intervals. Haven’t done the air filter but heard that’s a pain.

There isn’t anything NC700X specific but would look at things that you would with any used bikes. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Kafe View Post
    The OEM chain does not seem to last too long on the 700.........keep that sucka lubed and cleaned!!
    Thanks. I'm pretty conscientious at cleaning, adjusting, and lubing chains -- and being an old guy I don't ride hard anymore so I'm pretty easy on them.

Bike: CTX700
    Tars...I'm new to the forum but I just bought a used, 2013 NC with DCT. I paid $3500 for it, to give you an idea. (I'm sure there's cheaper but it's what I wanted and it's MY money!!!)

I have owned a CTX700 for over 2 years now and they are practically the same thing, engine-wise. They are very easy to maintain..actually easier on the NC when it comes to valves! (I have to take off all of the CTX fairing plastics and the tank plastics for the air filter alone...and once they're off it's easier to get to the valves, too.)
    I know the NC is less plastics so that's a good thing.

Chains are chains! I've seen some guys hardly ever lube them and get more miles that others who are meticulous! Chains are pretty easy to replace with the right tools.

2K miles is nothing!!! There are at least two CTX owners with over 110K and many more up around the 80K, and none of them are having any issues at all.

I think Honda nailed it with these bikes! I'd go for it!

***Just noticed that bike in your picture also has the Honda Rear Carrier Rack and a better than OEM windscreen!
    Last edited by Devilsfan; 9th January 2018 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    I think Honda nailed it with these bikes! I'd go for it!
    Thanks for the info. I have several other bikes and I would need to sell one if I buy this NC700X -- not real sure I want to do that.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I see that the pictured bile has the OEM saddlebag mounts installed, do the bags come with it?

Senior Member Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy StratTuner's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X model C
    I am one of the LEAST mechanical people you will ever meet, but even I can change the air filter, spark plugs, oil, and oil filter on this motorcycle.

I've put 110,000 miles on mine (2012), and in that time the only major problem was the clutch (burned that out on a hillside), and the water pump. (its seals failed and needed replacement).

It's easy to work on and fairly cheap to service compared to other motorcycles.
    It's not flashy, it's not a speed bike, but it does exactly what I need it to do.
    - StratTuner
    NC700XFJR1300

"If you don't understand him, and he don't die young,
    he'll probly just ride away."
    - Willie Nelson

Super Moderator Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Not that the NC700X models had many recalls anyway, but the US 2013 model year NC700X had no recalls at all.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250