Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 717

Thread: 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

  1. #131
    Senior Member Hank's Avatar
    Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    930
    I checked the trickle charger.
    Everything is covered in almost invisible sheet of ice.
    So I watched the Olympic biathlon and the spent a couple of hours reloading .38 / .357 ammo.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

  2. #132
    Senior Member 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    733
    Put in some time last night pulling the plastics to drop out the shock for inspection. While the plastic was off replaced the air filter, and lubricated frunk and seat cable. I think I will make this part of my air filter maintenance going forward. Bearings on swingarm and shock looked good. Replacing the shock is now within my wheelhouse based on this experience. One side of the swingarm had very little grease but everything looked brand new so no water penetration. Reassembled with more grease. The missus took pity on me and helped clean some of the caked on crud on the swing arm. Pic when apart and swing arm re-installed. 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-swing-arm-off-jpg2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-swing-arm-replaced-jpg

    Including a bonus pic of the chain slider wear marks. I had trouble locating them so hopefully this helps anyone else who was wondering.
    2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-chain-slider-marks-jpg

  3. #133
    Senior Member rippin209's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,121
    Finished changing my sprockets and chain yesterday after getting replacement nuts for the rear sprocket.
    My ride into work this morning was my first time riding with the 17 tooth front sprocket
    And I'm liking it allot.
    Newish tires and new chain and sprockets my NC feels like a brand new motorcycle

  4. #134
    Senior Member 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Posts
    733
    Reinforced a pallet to act as a stand for the harbor freight bead breaker. Pretty happy with it. Think I might make a wooden frame to keep the tire off the metal base for next time...hopefully years from now.

    2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-bead-breaker-jpg

  5. #135
    Junior Member
    Bike: NC700X DCT
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Houston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15
    I rode my new2me XD to work for the first time 2day. She is wearing a new set of Shinko 705s. Iím likin Um so far and the bike as well. Hurry up spring!

  6. #136
    Senior Member drdubb's Avatar
    Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,475
    Ordered a Cogent rear shock today. DDC valves and springs are on the workbench. Plan to order tires next month and start prepping for this riding season.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

  7. #137
    Junior Member Alias's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Finished changing my sprockets and chain yesterday after getting replacement nuts for the rear sprocket.
    My ride into work this morning was my first time riding with the 17 tooth front sprocket
    And I'm liking it allot.
    Any clearance problems with the 17 tooth sprocket?

  8. #138
    Senior Member rippin209's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Any clearance problems with the 17 tooth sprocket?
    No clearance problems whatsoever, works perfectly.
    It makes 5th actually useful as a passing gear 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? and cruising in 6th at freeway speeds is smooth, it's awesome.
    I really think the NC should have come factory with the gear spread what it is now

  9. #139
    Junior Member Alias's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    No clearance problems whatsoever, works perfectly.
    It makes 5th actually useful as a passing gear 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? and cruising in 6th at freeway speeds is smooth, it's awesome.
    I really think the NC should have come factory with the gear spread what it is now
    Thanks for the reply.

    I rode from Ohio to Oregon and back last year and found the NC to be beyond its limits running for long periods on the expressway. Anything over 4K rpm and the fuel mileage dropped to the low/mid 50's.

    Just ordered new sprockets (stock ratio) and X-ring chain to put on when the weather warms up. I found a 17 tooth sprocket at a company in Oregon but didn't purchase it because I didn't know if there would be a problem with interference.

  10. #140
    Senior Member 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    I rode from Ohio to Oregon and back last year and found the NC to be beyond its limits running for long periods on the expressway. Anything over 4K rpm and the fuel mileage dropped to the low/mid 50's.

    Just ordered new sprockets (stock ratio) and X-ring chain to put on when the weather warms up. I found a 17 tooth sprocket at a company in Oregon but didn't purchase it because I didn't know if there would be a problem with interference.
    Really, I did my Butt Burner ride (1000 miles in less than 24 hours) on mine, all Interstate riding, running 74-78mph and got over 60+mpg: actually rode 1050 miles in 17 hours (with a couple of long stops thrown in).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    By maxou723 in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 1911
    Last Post: 26th March 2018, 02:01
  2. Rented an nc700 today.
    By T S N in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 16th October 2016, 20:23
  3. 2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    By maxou723 in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 1669
    Last Post: 1st January 2016, 06:50
  4. So what did you do TO your NC700 today.
    By JDE in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 2729
    Last Post: 21st February 2015, 06:51
  5. 2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?
    By happy in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 791
    Last Post: 14th January 2014, 12:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •