Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for Travel Cover

Bike: Nc700X

looking for Travel Cover

Hey Friends, I am in the market for a tough well fitting travel cover for my NC 700X I will be pulling a small open trailer for long distance travel, and am looking to find a cover that will not beat up the paint, but will keep road grime off, sometimes towing in rain and snow. anyhelp or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this post.
    Willie.......

Member looking for Travel Cover
    Bike: '14 DCT
    The stock cover from Honda works very well and is relatively inexpensive.
    "Roads are just a suggestion, like pants."

Thanks for your response, I checked Honda and they say their cover is not recommended for trailering. Have you trailered with this cover?

Bike: NC700 DCT Motus MST
    If i understand you correctly you want a cover for the NC on a trailer?
    No soft cover is able to withstand wind turbulence w/o beating itself to death or anything under it.
    A fully enclosed trailer is the best choice for long travel destinations out of the elements.
    Honda covers (in the 90s) are indoor use only and like any soft cover would be reduced to tatters on the highway.

Thanks, that is what I am afraid of, my Nc700x is pretty new, and I sure donít want to ruin the finish. I did however find this for anyone inrerested 2015 HONDA NC700XF Waterproof Trailerable Motorcycle Covers

I figure if I am very meticuluous with my strapping the cover tight with extra bungee cords, I could eliminate paint damage.
    Last edited by Willie; 25th November 2017 at 18:07.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Doubt it. Any flap at all will affect the paint. You'd probably have better luck building some sort of wind/debris shield bolted to your trailer. Sheet aluminum or aluminum framed lexan sheet could work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You are probably right. I do intend to build a front shield that will stand about 30” high, leaning back slightly from bottom to top.

Bike: NC700 DCT Motus MST
    Attaching an angled shield to the front of a trailer would create a sizeable negative pressure back draft.
    There would be so much 'dirty' air and no gain in protection for the bike.
    There is no such thing as a truly functional (soft) trailerable cover.
    A bike on a open trailer is no worse off than a bike being ridden down a highway IMO.

A good example is a rear wheel 'hugger' fender that does absolutely nothing in keeping the area free of debris.
    At best it may reduce the sandblast effect on the swing arm pivot point.

you might be right, but I have pulled snowmobiles with a similar shields, and it does protect quite well, I am not so much concerned about dirt, but want to keep as much debris and salt off the bike. Thanks for your analysis.Ride safe my friend.

Junior Member looking for Travel Cover
    Bike: 2014 NC700 dct
    Being from MN, I am guessing you've got a snowmobile type trailer (large deck above the wheels) that is going to put the bike higher in the air than a utility trailer. That alone will help keep the road salt off. I agree with the others that a soft cover is NOT a good idea for protecting the paint finish.

My suggestion is to look into the "shrink-wrap" materials available. A hair dryer will do for applying the film. They use them for shipping boats all the time, so they are durable for towing. Just leave a bit open on the bottom to allow drainage.

Alternatively, If you are going to fabricate a shield, consider one that is curved back from the center toward the edges of the trailer (from above it is "C" shaped) instead of the snowmobile shaped horizontal "C".