Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Replacement Battery

Bike: CBR250 NC700X CBR500R
    [QUOTE=Klap;205455]Iím a belt and suspenders kinda guy, plus, why run it all the time, which no doubt wastes kw hours, when from observation, I know it only usually requires a few minutes twice a day to top it up?
    The green LED flashes at full charge, and rarely goes to solid green ( needs a charge) between itís scheduled charges.
    I have had several trickle type chargers, but this one is by far the best, and longest lasting. I gave up on Battery Tenders long ago after finding out how weak their customer service was.

I have that same charger, and would not use it on my NCX. That charger is designed for wet cell car batteries and I would not trust it to cut-off consistently on a small sealed AGM battery. You really need something like an Optimate3. Battery Tender makes a 6/12 volt charger you could use on your bike or car. Not as sophisticated as the Optimate but a lot cheaper.
    https://www.amazon.com/Trickle-Autom...VCR8G1BTSM6BX6

Bike: ST1300, Honda Helix
    [QUOTE=Hondafan;205615]
    Quote Originally Posted by Klap View Post
    Iím a belt and suspenders kinda guy, plus, why run it all the time, which no doubt wastes kw hours, when from observation, I know it only usually requires a few minutes twice a day to top it up?
    The green LED flashes at full charge, and rarely goes to solid green ( needs a charge) between itís scheduled charges.
    I have had several trickle type chargers, but this one is by far the best, and longest lasting. I gave up on Battery Tenders long ago after finding out how weak their customer service was.

I have that same charger, and would not use it on my NCX. That charger is designed for wet cell car batteries and I would not trust it to cut-off consistently on a small sealed AGM battery. You really need something like an Optimate3. Battery Tender makes a 6/12 volt charger you could use on your bike or car. Not as sophisticated as the Optimate but a lot cheaper.
    https://www.amazon.com/Trickle-Autom...VCR8G1BTSM6BX6
    While it may not be specific to AGM batteries, I have used it on them for over 10 years, with great results. My last AGM battery, a Scorpion, lasted 7+ years, and the battery in my Helix is coming up on 4 years old.
    Iíd be willing to guess that it works just fine with AGM batteries with those results.
    Iíd NEVER, EVER buy another Deltran/Battery Tender product after dealing with their customer service folks . I tried to get warranty service on a 10 month old unit, and they told me there was a 35$ ďhandling feeĒ to process my replacement, plus Iíd have to send the old unit to them at MY expense. To be clear, that was 9$ more than I paid for the original unit. Their warranty is a joke!!

Never again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk