Finally got it perfect after 6 years
Again, no picture, but I've made a video of the bike (also today it's the 1 year anniversary because I have it exactly 1 year!)
Link: 1 Year of Bike Mods! (to the Honda NC700X!) - YouTube
- Honda NC700X Tall Windschield/windscreen (removed the Givi D1111ST because it broke)
- Givi HP1111 handguards/Held Windmuffs (because in the winter, handguards don't do anything)
- Fake Givi windscreen spoiler (because cheap, and adjustable)
- Mesh trashcan radiator protector (because cheap)
- Plant tray shock protector (because cheap)
- Plant tray and hoseclamp fork protector (because cheap)
- AliExpress Crossbar (because of stability
- 2 way radio mount for Motorola TLKR80 and Sena SR10, mounted on a fake GoPro mount
- Ixil Hyperlow XL (because of sound)
- Blackwidow decat/straight pipe (because of sound)
- "Strong" handlebar grips (original ones are too slippery)
- AliExpress Chinese adjustable levers (because cheap and adjustable)
- Top Sellerie Gel seat (was free with the bike)
- DIY SW Motech peli box mount (because of cheap, and handy too!)
- Givi 1111FZ Topcase rack + carrier (was free with the bike)
- DIY phone mount (because I needed a gps mount that was weatherproof)
- Hardwired 12v Socket (because I needed power for the phone)
- USB port multiplier/hub (because I plan on getting more USB powered accessories)
- Centerstand + centerstand bracket (was free with the bike, the latter I made myself because it bent the exhaust hanger)
- Wheelstriping (because it looks cool)
- Led strip inside the frunk (because I want to see inside the frunk when it's dark)
- Fake tank protector sticker (free, came with the bike)
Maybe some engine bars or a better horn.
My favourite mods (for now):
I must say it's the Decat pipe and the windschield.
Decat because it gives the bike a better sound (I'm young)
Windshield because it makes room for the DIY phone mount
License to ride 05/08/15
Suzuki XF650 Freewind (2014-2017)
Honda NC700 XA (2017 - / )
Honda VFR800 VTEC ABS (2018 - /)
Find me on YT: https://youtube.com/cda441
Find me on Wordpress: https://cda441.wordpress.com
I did change to sw motech footpegs, which have rubber than can be taken off. My gosh they are well made, though perhaps overly so, like much German engineering.
I also added the integral turn signals into the hand guards, which i think help for visibility, and added the necessary connection for heated gear.
I am thinking of cutting a spare windshield I have down for summer, maybe just leaving enough to cover the electronics.
Last edited by Hank; 23rd April 2018 at 15:49.
Before the bike left the dealer I had it wired up for my heated jacket and a lead for my emergency battery jump start kit. My old bike frequently had low battery from running heated gear and needed to be jumped in the cold. Of course, since I went to the trouble to prevent this, the Honda has never needed it . Also attached my helmet lock. Didn't even realize the bike came with one, haven't tried the stock one out yet.
Then came the Honda light bars, which I'm not so pleased with. They weren't cheap and I am not sure how much protection they will provide in a tipover. I don't care about aux lights, just wanted a crash bar. If/when the bike is knocked over (hey, I ride in NYC: it WILL happen!) I'll post an update.
Next I got a great GIVI top box and the necessary connecting plate from a forum member, which has been a game-changer. Only thing better than built-in storage is TONS of built-in storage. I will never daily a motorcycle without lockable, weatherproof storage again.
I also bought a Sargent seat from a forum member, which is better than stock but still slopes too much and which I may tinker around with later. It's enough of an improvement that I can now do 7 or 8 hours on the bike without any *** pain.
Finally added Honda heated grips, which were great for the month they worked. I don't think the quality is up to the rest of the bike and would not recommend. I would look for a cheaper aftermarket option: my understanding is Oxford makes a good heated grip. The Honda dealer will be replacing the faulty grips with a new set under warranty this week.
I've considered a Danmoto exhaust, and taller windshield. Anyone interested in selling those, feel free to contact me!
Definitely a wonderful bike for the money. It feels a little underpowered but I am hoping my continuing weight loss will help that!
Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!
Nice - mine is red too with OEM bags but I left the panels silver.
I'm about to order that same pipe just not sure if I should go silver or carbon.
How do you like that Corbin seat? That is next on my list.
I also have the Givi handguards, Givi crash bar and Madstaad screen but darker gray. Nice bike dude!