Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your motorcycle

Bike: 2014 NC750x
    I summarized mine in another post... there are a couple changes so here it is again...

• GPS solution
      I am using an iPhone 5 and an incredibly sturdy bike handlebar mount I had around. It locks the phone in and I am 100% confident in it (made by Mercury Innovations, got it at Winners/TJMaxx - can't find a link). I have a lightnight cable wired down through the bike into the frunk plugged into a USB charger. I generally use Google Maps but play around with CoPilot at times
      [/INDENT]
    • Helmet / Bluetooth
      I wear a Bell Revolve Evo modular helmet. It is decent. A little heavy, fairly loud but overall a decent helmet for the price. I dream of a better helmet someday (Schuberth C4) but can't justify the cost right now when I have a nice helmet now.
      I also have a Sena 20S. It is great and I am extremely happy with it. The only issues I have ever heard bad (and there are a LOT of complaints about it) is its >2 people intercom. If that doesn't concern you, I would highly recommend it
    • Hand Guards (in some of the pictures)
      I ordered these from AliExpress here. I am not sure about them. I had them on for a while, but then I changed my mind about the look of them. They touch the MadStad a little, but only when turned 100%. With warmer weather coming up I likely will leave them off but will think about it again later in the year.
    • Madstad winshield - 22", medium gray
      Love it. I like the look. No more buffeting at any speed I have tested. I like the medium gray but maybe would consider a light gray if ordering again.
      As a reference, I am 6'1 with 32" in-seam
    • Luggage
      Bought used
      Givi v35 + Admore lights
      Givi e52 Maxia top box with brake light, top rack and backrest. Using the Givi "universal mounting plate" with it all mounted as forward as possible.
      The lights are excellent. Great peace of mind having the extra visibility from the back. The Admore's are always on, brake lights and turn signals.
      The Admore on the side bags use a quick release cable which is easy to take on and off. The light for the top box uses an SAE connector for quick disconnecting. Patching into the bikes wiring was incredibly easy using Posi-tap connectors. I would have dreaded doing it any other way (splicing/soldering) due to the location under the rear seat.
      Bought PLX1111, FZ1111 racks and top box rack and backrest from Motostorm
    • Mirror extenders
      One of the best things I added to the bike. I now have full mirror view on both sides. Search ebay for "10mm cnc mirror extender"
    • Seat cover
      I have both a 'gel' (probably foam) seat cover (Originally intended for ATV seats) and a new one I made (thanks Mom for teaching me to sew) from a car seat cushion I got on clearance at Canadian Tire. Both quick release with buckles that are not in the way at all when the cover is not on the bike. Not sure what my ultimate seat solution will be.
      More pictures here: Seat cover - Album on Imgur
    • Givi engine guards
      Never had to use them and hope I never do. Easy to put on and I like the look. I plan on putting lights and highway pegs on eventually.
    • Garage remote control button
      An ebay sourced button (link) that I wired into a spare garage remote
    • What I carry around
      Both my seat covers until I figure out which one I prefer, if either
      Bungee cords and a bungee net
      Tire puncture repair kit and pump
      Clear/Dark helmet visor
      Earplugs, individual lens cleaning wipes for helmet visor, colapsible silicone water bottle
    • Hydration Pack
      Due to hot days and my tendency to not drink enough water, I bought a backpack hydration pack. I was lucky enough to find a really nice used hydration backpack at a local goodwill and bought a Geigerrig bladder for it. This bladder is different from the other brands as it is pressurized and you don't need to suck the water out. Great for drinking but also for spraying on your head/neck on hot days or for sharing water with others
    Last edited by lue42; 15th July 2017 at 09:06.
    "We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." - Douglas Adams

--== Please see my profile "About Me" section for a summary of my bike's mods and customizations ==--

Senior Member What's on your motorcycle
    What's on your motorcycle
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
    I have the knight lowered pegs. Never noticed a difference really. If you wear good boots, pegs don't feel that different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    The footpegs are Knight Designs. They are good footpegs, just no rubber under the boot.
    I have Knight Designs pegs also. I haven't noticed any vibrations from them, or ever noticed any from the OEM's.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Well, the pegs are fine. The vibration is minimal. Maybe I have delicate feet!
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: NC 750 X DCT
    Spent a lot of money and time to make my NC in optimal shape for me, see : www.schotterfun.de - Honda NC 750 XDCT

Bike: '04 VFR800 VTEC
    No pic, but I've made a video of the bike.
    Link: Honda NC700X - My Bike Modifications! - YouTube

Summary:
    - DIY phone mount
    - 2 inch SW-motech handlebar risers
    - Centerstand
    - Wheel striping (because why not)
    - Top case carrier (including top case)
    - DIY rear shock protector
    -DIY fork seal protectors (to keep flies of them)
    - Givi D1111ST Windscreen
    - AliExpress fake Givi spoiler
    - Givi HP1111 Hand/windprotectos
    - DIY 2-way radio mount
    - Cheap crossbar from AliExpress
    - Top Sellerie "Deluxe" Gel seat
    - Ixil Hyperlow XL
    - DIY mesh trashcan radiator protector
    - Rear brake silicone/rubber sock (to increase traction on the pedal)
    - "Strong" offroad handlebar grips (the original ones are too slippery)
    - Tank pad

To come: Adjustable levers

Forgot to mention that this is my only ride, and is my commuter/fun bike.
    Don't need a lot of luggage space because I always wear a backpack, and the rest can fit in my frunk.

My favourite mods:
    Got to say it's the exhaust and the rear shock protector. Sounds mean and the road dirt doesn't get slung into the rear shock.

Regretted mods:
    None, because I have no ragrets.
    Last edited by CDA441; 18th July 2017 at 14:38. Reason: added use of bike, favs & regrets
    License to ride 05/08/15
    Suzuki XF650 Freewind (2014-2017)
    Honda NC700 XA (2017 - / )

Honda VFR800 VTEC ABS (2018 - /)
    Find me on YT: https://youtube.com/cda441
    Find me on Wordpress: https://cda441.wordpress.com

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by NCX-Tom View Post
    Spent a lot of money and time to make my NC in optimal shape for me, see : www.schotterfun.de - Honda NC 750 XDCT
    Would like to see this but getting error. Can you check the link?What's on your motorcycle-capture-jpg

Bike: NC 750 X DCT
    Hallo, Erik,

checked the link on several pcs with no problem. Got a few replies with the same problem from this forum . Did You try to open the homesite: www.schotterfun.de ? Or try to open it by google.

Greetings from Germany
    Last edited by NCX-Tom; 19th August 2017 at 23:56.

Senior Member What's on your motorcycleWhat's on your motorcycle PortlandZinMan's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700X DCT
    This bike will never go off-road, so the focus was comfort, travel/touring support and of course, it still needs to look and sound cool (you never grow out of that!)! Farkle highlights are, starting from the front... Fender extender, Madstad 20 Light Grey Screen with winglets, X-creen Tourer Spoiler Blade, Givi Handguards, Garmin GPS and mount, Battery Tender pigtail, OEM Centerstand, Corbin Seats (front and rear), OEM saddle bags with mounts and a rear rack, Rear Tire Hugger, Yoshimura R77 slip on and Vololights.
    Attached Images Attached Images What's on your motorcycle-dscn1939-jpg 
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Member What's on your motorcycle BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by NCX-Tom View Post
    Hallo, Erik,

checked the link on several pcs with no problem. Got a few replies with the same problem from this forum . Did You try to open the homesite: www.schotterfun.de ? Or try to open it by google.

Greetings from Germany
    The ssl (https) is causing a problem in my browser. Removing the s manually from https works:

www.schotterfun.de - Honda NC 750 XDCT
    Last edited by BigGuppy; 21st August 2017 at 15:34.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuppy View Post
    The ssl (https) is causing a problem in my browser. Removing the s manually from https works:

https://www.schotterfun.de/pages/bik...c-750-xdct.php
    That did the trick. Just edit out the s from https Thanks