Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: does it fit? (helmet addition)

#1 Elite does it fit? (helmet addition)
    does it fit? (helmet addition)
    Bike: NC-less
    For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty, except for maybe a couple of items that you could put inside the helmet when you stow it. To ride around with such a handy box empty seems to me to defeat the handiness of it. You can place the helmet on one of the mirrors, and with a small padlock you can lock the helmet D rings to the mirror stalk. Then the frunk can be stuffed with neat stuff which will bring you great joy.

Senior Member does it fit? (helmet addition) bamamate's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerphile View Post
    For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty, except for maybe a couple of items that you could put inside the helmet when you stow it. To ride around with such a handy box empty seems to me to defeat the handiness of it. You can place the helmet on one of the mirrors, and with a small padlock you can lock the helmet D rings to the mirror stalk. Then the frunk can be stuffed with neat stuff which will bring you great joy.
    Ah, but if you have a big head then you have enough room to stuff a good bit of stuff in the helmet

Previous: Kawasaki MT1A 75 (small fat tires, auto clutch), CB400 (Hawk), and after a 20+ year hiatus a NC700X

Bike: 2013 Red NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by xCentered View Post
    If you use a bluetooth communicator (Cardo, Sena) or wear a helmet mounted camera, it will very likely not fit in the frunk.

My helmet fits without those attached (Shoe RF-1000), but does not fit when I put either on.
    My GoPro 4 Session mount is on the left forward chin bar on my Qwest, so with the camera off the mount it fits. It would not fit with a mount glued to the side or the top.

Fixed Idea does it fit? (helmet addition)
    does it fit? (helmet addition)
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    I've merged this newest thread in with the existing "Does it fit? (helmet edition)" thread.
    Chillin' with Cybersix and Data 7 in Meridiana

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    I went helmet shopping at the Honda dealer this morning and, despite an epic selection--nothing fit in the frunk (though I did not try the $600 Shoei helmets).

So, I ordered another of the one I already had--HJC CL Max II, modular, in a new color.

^That fits, in the 2XL size. It is not a super tight fit, and required no frunk mods. (I had to replace the old helmet as I was wearing it in an accident).

Side note, they had 4 new NC700's on the showroom floor.

EDIT--Picked up the new 2016 helmet and it's still an easy fit. A decent buy for about $160.
    Last edited by chewybrian; 16th March 2016 at 16:56.

Bike: Pcx 150
    What dealer has them?

Super Moderator does it fit? (helmet addition) 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty . . .
    When first reading that phrase, I chuckled. Being that a head is usually what we put in a helmet, I would certainly expect the helmet to be empty when placed in the frunk!

I guess this is just a case of an ambiguous antecedent to the pronoun it.
    Last edited by 670cc; 12th March 2016 at 06:24.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: NC750X 2015
    I agree, the frunk has to be empty for a helmet to fit in. But only in the moment you want to fit the helmet in. So, if you put only stuff into the frunk, that you need at your destination (hiking-gear, towel, speedos, etc.), you have no problem.

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheat1 View Post
    What dealer has them?
    I made a special order from my local Honda dealer, but you could get it on line:

HJC CL-Max II Ridge Modular Helmet - Motorcycle Superstore

Senior Member does it fit? (helmet addition) frozenpoet's Avatar
    Bike: cbr600, NC700X
    My scorpion exo-gt920 has to be turned slightly to fit in my 52l trunk so i know it won't fit in the frunk.
    I get 63 MPG, what do you get? Speeding tickets?
    I pack to camp but stay in a hotel because I have no idea what I'm doing...

instagram.com/J_in_the_va

on two wheels