Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1866

Thread: 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Took what I think is the final ride of the season. Temperatures here were in the high forties (don't think we'll see that again for a while). Then I added Seafoam to the tank & pulled the battery to put it on the Optimate in the house...

Senior Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by drdubb View Post
    Haven't checked the thread lately. Glad to see you are home safe after another epic ride. You truly impress me.
    Thx, I知 going to recuperate from those miles on a white sand beach somewhere in SEAsia for the next month or two. I brought my Spot with and it痴 still tracking me. Tomorrow Singapore!

Ray

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Senior Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    Commutes in some high winds in so cal. Noticed some noise and vibration from the rear wheel. The chain was properly tightened and so I知 thinking maybe the wheel bearings?!?! My NC700X only has 11,000 miles and on original chain. Just got new set of chain and sprockets so I might as well order some bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try checking for a stiff link. I have found this before and some lube combined with some extra attention to work the lube into the stiff link fixed it up. Good luck

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    Try checking for a stiff link. I have found this before and some lube combined with some extra attention to work the lube into the stiff link fixed it up. Good luck
    You guessed it right. I changed the chain and there were some super tight links. Wheel bearings seemed fine so I値l save that for another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Bike: 2014 NC700X

Quote Originally Posted by Nofear2trek View Post

Thx, I知 going to recuperate from those miles on a white sand beach somewhere in SEAsia for the next month or two. I brought my Spot with and it痴 still tracking me. Tomorrow Singapore!

Ray
    Can you tell me a life path I can take even now that I'm 46 that I can end up on a beach like that?!?!?
    HERO STATUS!
    認ill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I do not know what life path he took. My father stayed with the railroad for forty years (less military time) and retired at 60.

I taught college long enough to get a state pension, lived modestly, and avoided debt.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT
    Last weekend I went to the Motorcycle show at the Javits Center here in New York. It's a little overwhelming, but if you can stand all the crowds, it's a great way for us quiet types to see and mount all the motorcycles we've been reading about in quick succession without being hassled by a sales person. I'd been wondering if the NC700 is too underpowered as my go-to bike and I wanted to see some other options.

They also had a string of vintage bikes to admire. I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures.

The short of it:
    1. Any bike feels soft and easy to lift when it's on carpet.
    2. Any GS bike feels too tall when you're 5'8" and standing still, though it's probably fine on the street.
    3. Most roadbikes have a riding position that leans a little too far forward

Specific notes:
    1. The new NC750 felt the same as the NC700 I have (but so soft on carpet!). The seating position was just right; on most other bikes was too aggressive.
    2. The Honda Goldwing felt too big (still)
    3. If you want to go big, the Yamaha Star Venture is a beautiful yacht of the bike (and yeah, it felt light as air on the carpet)

Two vintage bikes stood out to me. The first was the Interceptor (because it's gotten a lot of praise here).

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-dbf3f088005cf3debf28abf33af06cad-jpg

The second was a restored 1983 BMW r100s (motorcycle classics link). I really liked the metal fairings; they looked very protective. And I liked the orange lines across the headlight. I've seen it written that some people see a chromed up Harley and their "kid's brain" says "that's what a motorcycle should look like". My kid's brain comes from the 80s and, and for better or worse, it likes covered and faired things like the Honda PC800 or the BMW r100s...

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-bmw2-jpg

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-bmw7-jpg

All in all, I'm happy with my used NC700 as a beginner bike,. With the Givi cases and frunk, it stores more stuff than any other bike its size. And I'm not ready for a tourer. I do wish it had cool fairing....
    Last edited by BigGuppy; 7th December 2017 at 12:57.

Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT

More cold-weather riding

I was planning to winterize the bike after Thanksgiving, but some recent events have me commuting between NJ and NYC each day for the past two weeks.

It's getting chilly here, and I'm really learning all about the snaky ramps and rattly bridges that stretch across the New Jersey Meadowlands (aka swamp).

Senior Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I do not know what life path he took...lived modestly, and avoided debt.
    It痴 in my open book profile here...plus +1 on living modestly and debt avoidance!

Ray

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Senior Member 2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    It has been cold and foggy here lately. The deal with the spouse is if there is ice on the roof of the vehicles in the parking lot I take the car...4 days of car last week...

Organized the garage so the bike fits in better with the freshly installed centre stand. Picked up my fork oil tool, tire pressure gauge and a rear PR4 I had shipped from Rocky Mountain ATV. The Tusk pressure gauge is pretty nice for the price with a braided cable, hose. Broke down an picked up the Harbor freight bead breaker with the 25% off coupon. I'm running out of things to buy...I may actually have to do some work.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-p1030756-jpg