Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay to get tires mounted?

Bike: '12 NC700XC
    $20-25 apiece locally, assuming one takes the wheel(s) rather than the complete motorcycle. The shop doesn't change price based on where the tire came from.

There are many places around here that will charge up to $50 each. It's quite variable.

Bike: NC700X/CBR600RR
    There's a local shop that does it for $35 plus $5 recycling fee with wheels off.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    $80 with liquid balance

Bike: 2014 NC700X
    $20 for the front, I brought the wheel to them. They told me it would be double that if it was still on the bike. I had purchased the tire (PR4) from them which was about $30 more than I could have gotten it for online. Didn't ask how much mounting would have been if I'd purchased the tire elsewhere. Next time I'll probably do it myself (done it before, just didn't feel like it this time).

Senior Member How much do you pay to get tires mounted? draco_1967's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Yeah, this is why I invested in a tire changer. HF changer, Mojo lever and blocks, and it cost me about the same as most places charge to mount 2 sets of tires. It's paid for itself already. I do like working on my own stuff in general though.

Senior Member How much do you pay to get tires mounted?
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X & 1999 Honda Valkyrie Torer
    I pay $45 per wheel and the wheel is on the bike. Tires mounted, balanced and rear tire chain adjusted to specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    $80 with liquid balance
    That's with me handing them the old tires and rims and handing them new tires to put on, buying from them saves$30. So it would cost $50 front and back buying from them and me installing

Bike: NC700X
    Most times I purchase my tires on line, and change the tires myself. However, sometimes when on the road due to tire wear I have to purchase the tires from a dealership or when at Bear Glacier auto parts store. When in the middle of Nowheres, Canada try paying $500 for one rear tire at a service station that you have to change yourself, in the middle of Baja Desert, Mexico pay $400 for a rear tire that you have to change yourself, or as recently happened have the tire rolled out the door to you at a dealership in North Carolina that is closing on a Saturday afternoon that you have to change yourself in the parking lot in a hard driving rain. My advise is that everyone learn how to change your own tires, and always carry tire irons with you when on the road!
    Last edited by Old Can Ride; 18th June 2016 at 07:30.
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member How much do you pay to get tires mounted? backtochain's Avatar
    On my way home from the fantastic Hillbilly 3 last April , I needed a new rear. Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield MO. mounted a Dunlop Roadsmart2 , the best tire they had available , at no charge for the cost of the tire $170.00. Very nice dealership. Might just look them up when I'm ready for another bike.

Senior Member How much do you pay to get tires mounted?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Like most things it pays to shop around to know the prices in your area.

For on the bike I priced out between $100 to $180 for a pair of tires.

Off the bike I have seen $35 plus shop supplies and taxes. I heard rumor another place would do it for less ($25) but have not confirmed it.

Some shops charge more if you don't buy the tires from them. Lots of tricks. I think if you have the space and the aptitude it is good to follow OCR's advice and learn how to do it.