Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From The Bluegrass State!

Bike: NC700X

Hello From The Bluegrass State!

Returning rider from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky here. I actually returned to riding at the end of last summer when I picked up a 10 year old Honda Shadow Aero. It has served its purpose, but is just to low (I can almost rest on a knee at stoplights) and too old to keep my interest.

I had decided on an NC700X DCT before I even found this forum. I enjoyed learning about it by watching the many videos on youtube. Last weekend I started the process of trading in the Shadow for a black NC700X DCT. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any around in my neck of the woods and the dealer had to order it. The sales guy said it would be 7 to 10 days but didn't have any more information today, 7 days later. He just said he'd let me know the second it arrived. I guess they don't have much in the way of tracking shipments the way UPS or FedEx do. In any event, I look forward to that notification and will spend the time reading up on all the good information on this site.

Now I just have to let the Shadow know that it is going to live out the rest of its life in the country where it can run free and chase rabbits...

Fixed Idea Hello From The Bluegrass State!
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Welcome to the gang!

Senior Member Hello From The Bluegrass State!
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Welcome from SW Missouri!

Howdy from Texas. The NC700X DCT is a very impressive bike. I have the standard X model, but have ridden a few times with folks that the NC700X DCT. The NC700X DCT has impressed me just watching other folks ride it. It seems to do it all.
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Welcome from Semmes, Alabama, Roll Tide!!!

Senior Member Hello From The Bluegrass State! wozza's Avatar
    Bike: Honda X-ADV
    Hello Sir and welcome to the forum...

danrev
    Welcome from Oregon. Hope the bike arrives soon.

Bike: 2013 NC700XD, 2010 NT700V, 1987 XL600R
    Quote Originally Posted by kgantz View Post
    Returning rider from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky here. I actually returned to riding at the end of last summer when I picked up a 10 year old Honda Shadow Aero. It has served its purpose, but is just to low (I can almost rest on a knee at stoplights) and too old to keep my interest.

I had decided on an NC700X DCT before I even found this forum. I enjoyed learning about it by watching the many videos on youtube. Last weekend I started the process of trading in the Shadow for a black NC700X DCT. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any around in my neck of the woods and the dealer had to order it. The sales guy said it would be 7 to 10 days but didn't have any more information today, 7 days later. He just said he'd let me know the second it arrived. I guess they don't have much in the way of tracking shipments the way UPS or FedEx do. In any event, I look forward to that notification and will spend the time reading up on all the good information on this site.

Now I just have to let the Shadow know that it is going to live out the rest of its life in the country where it can run free and chase rabbits...
    CONGRATS on the sound choice of choosing the DCT Version!!! Greetings from Socal.

I did the same thing as you did, do all the research and watched just about every video I could find on YouTube regarding Test Drives and Reviews. I knew far more than the salesman at the dealer when I was ready to purchase it. Some dealers allow Test Rides, under "Special Circumstances"...

You will "LOVE" this bike. I DO!!!

Hello From The Bluegrass State!-img_2581[1]-jpg

You may also want to read up the different drive modes the DCT offers. I think that this thread would be a good place to start with, DCT S-Mode. I start my post regarding the subject at post #6.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA, U.S.A.
    2013 NC700XD (DCT) - NaNCy
    1987 XL600R - Megas
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Howdy and welcome from Blighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillot2000 View Post
    CONGRATS on the sound choice of choosing the DCT Version!!! Greetings from Socal.

You may also want to read up the different drive modes the DCT offers. I think that this thread would be a good place to start with, DCT S-Mode. I start my post regarding the subject at post #6.
    Thanks for the link, Brillot2000. The shifting info was very interesting.