Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: 2005 FZ6

Red face New member welcome thread..

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to this bike .... ... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go for a ride.... The world disappears... my Yamaha FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work as an instructor at the British Columbia Institute Of Technology..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Hi Dennis and all here friendlies,
    welcome to the club.

I am Joe. Happy Joe.
    I live in Switzerland.
    I am NOT secretive but I value my privacy.
    However, if anyone needs to know more about me, all you have to do is ASK.

I have the NCX new from 4.4.2012.

I love forums for making friends and not just milking it for technical knowledge, etc.
    I have been misunderstood as a sadistic troll before. How sad.
    I post a lot because I have a lot in my mind.
    Some posts are good for some, while it can be bull dung to others.

I also have a habit of finding out facts and feelings. I do not, however, manipulate these.
    Some people dislike that I am too factual.
    I agree to disagree and even agree that you have different opinion.
    Everyone is different.
    Do what you do, as you like others to do to you.

I am a happy go lucky guy, and this can be irritating to some, cos you see me Happy all the time.

Lastly, all members are EQUAL here. Let us build this forum together, with no rank nor seniority involved.
    Special thanks to Dennis for setting this up (sincerely and not balls carrying)

Life's short, be happy, don't worry.

Ride safe!

~Joe
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

Bike: Honda CBF1000
    Well my father said that the 'gentry' used to put one son into the army, one son int the Civil Service, and on into the church. He didn't reckon on me doing all three.

I'm knocking on a bit, so probably only have another ten or so years riding - but while I can - I will.

Not yet ready for an NC, but it is good to know there is a bike out there that I am looking forward to owning - one day.

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    i have already posted this elsewhere but here goes anyway
    Hi I am a NC700X owner from Kent in SE England. I also own a 2011 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner. My NC is used for my daily commute of approx 75 mile round trip. It is used all year round (except in snow) as despite being 65 years old I have never held a car licence. I have never been without a bike since my 16th birthday and I recently had a count up of the number of bikes I have owned and it came to 75 My wife also rides (no car licence either) and own a 2022 CBF1000FA and a much customised Hornet 600
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Bike: Honda CBF1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker66 View Post
    i have already posted this elsewhere but here goes anyway
    Hi I am a NC700X owner from Kent in SE England. I also own a 2011 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner. My NC is used for my daily commute of approx 75 mile round trip. It is used all year round (except in snow) as despite being 65 years old I have never held a car licence. I have never been without a bike since my 16th birthday and I recently had a count up of the number of bikes I have owned and it came to 75 My wife also rides (no car licence either) and own a 2022 CBF1000FA and a much customised Hornet 600
    A prototype?? Sorry - I couldn't resist it. I must admit I like my CBF1000, I hope your wife enjoys hers as much as I do. But I do have a car licence as I am getting softer in my old age and admire your ability to get by without a car!

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    No that's how long she has got to keep it before buying another This is her 3rd and she loves it but not as much as she does her Hornet
    We seem to manage OK without a car but then at 65 we are only mere youngsters compared to you
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700XDC
    Hello all, I am late to the biking scene, but fell in love with riding instantly. My first bike was a small 150cc Chinese bike, and after riding it for two weeks I knew I would be upgrading as quickly as possible. Had been doing research on bikes with auto transmissions, like the Honda DN-01 and the VFR1200F which lead me to the NC700x. They have not come to the US yet, but I am on a list of interested bikers when they do. Will soon be leaving a down payment on the NC700x to assure I will get one of the first to arrive here in So Cal. Needless to say, I am interested in the DCT/ABS version and am intrigued by the push button gear shifting option and the different driving modes. They can say what they want about automatic transmission on bikes...the freeways here in So Cal can get very nasty

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay and also look forward to your adventures with the bike....~Joe
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

Bike: Honda NC 700 X

A hearty hello to all

I posted this when I joined:
    Hi, my name is Tania, and I am brand new to biking. I have been riding for about 4 months now. Learnt to ride on a GO MOTO Freedom 150cc, which was great. The Honda NC700X was launched in SA in December, and I just had to have it. So I got it. For a novice, this bike is so "patient, friendly and understanding". I got my NiCX on the 11th January this year, and love her to bits. Hoping to learn a great deal from all you pros out there.

Bike: Honda NC700X
    Greetings from central Pennsylvania,
    Four years ago I bought a Tomos 150 scooter. I still have it and love riding it around town. Three years ago I purchased a Suzuki TU 250. It served me well until this past Monday when I traded it on a Honda NC700X. So far I am quite happy. Looking forward to using this forum.