Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1616

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by steve626 View Post
    Thanks. I am looking for better gloves and ordered a Klim jacket. What do you do about your pants when you commute? Just wear trousers?

I saw a bike at Chase Field with a neat cover that went from the handlebars to the seat, I'll get one of those. Any advice on side luggage? I don't like the looks of top boxes. Cheers.
    I love my Klim gear. Apex Air jacket owner here, love it. I don't commute so no recommendation on over-pants.

My wife has Givi brand V35 boxes. Good locks, but I don't like how the clamshell opening can dump things out onto the ground when you open the cases ... this complaint applies to all side cases that open with a hinge on the bottom.

I have Hepco & Becker GOBI side cases. I love them. Double wall plastic that can take a beating (I ran one into a brick pillar ) and it barely scratched, no dents, still 100% watertight, etc. Highly recommend H&B products.

Bike: NC750x DCT
    Just bought an '18 DCT with 2,500 miles on it from a Triumph Yamaha dealer that gets the trade-ins from local Harley dealers. Really nice shape. Givi crash bars, monokey luggage racks with power outlet and mini tool box, rear rack, touring windshield. Plus led aux lights, akrapovic muffler, hand guards, center stand. Other than the muffler, pretty much all stuff I would have added anyhow.

Need to change OEM pegs, get side cases, figure out highway pegs location, maybe get a little heavier duty bash plate, add some radiator protection and throttle lock (figuring cruise control probably not available) but other than that it's pretty much finished. Any product/vendor suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Nice size for me now and looking forward to the DCT. Past bikes have included KLR 650, a Harley Road King, Triumph Explorer 1200, BMW R1200GSA, and even a couple touring scooters. Iron Butt member but maybe not with this bike. I imagine the bike could handle it but not sure about my knees with the somewhat sport bike-like peg position. We'll see how I travel with it. Maybe it will be a more comfortable long distance bike than I expect. Meanwhile, most of my riding is local and day trips. It's been awhile since I looked forward to a new (to me) bike as much as I am this one.

Dealer pics are pretty good, so here a few.

New member welcome thread..-image-jpg

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by steve626 View Post
    Thanks. I am looking for better gloves and ordered a Klim jacket. What do you do about your pants when you commute? Just wear trousers?

I saw a bike at Chase Field with a neat cover that went from the handlebars to the seat, I'll get one of those. Any advice on side luggage? I don't like the looks of top boxes. Cheers.
    I actually wear dark clothes at work mostly because driving a truck is a little grimy. So, yes it gets HOT on my way home wearing black jeans and a dark workshirt but when I get home and get into the A/C it feels so good. But no, I don't change for work because it just takes extra time and hassle.

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Welcome SteveADV. Nice looking bike. You might want to get a bash plate first to have more options for highway peg locations.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Sweet bike! Already got all the goodies, and saved you the labor of installing it all.

I am left leg below knee amputee and said knee will not bend past 90 degrees, thus the need for a highway peg on the left side of my DCT nc700x. The Kuryakyn (forget the part number) offset highway pegs with clasps for 1.35" tubes is what I ordered, and several other members here use them as well. Their location provides a very natural foot location, and you can move the clasp up and down the tubular section of the frame rail and swing the offset around to get just the right leg angles. Highly recommend this method, as highway pegs mounted on crash bars will put your legs outward a little farther on each side.

My only issue is I could not get the one mounted on the right side. The frame rail curves a bit at the bottom as compared to the left side, and the clasp is already really tight as seen in first pic below, however they must be tight like that to prevent them from spinning. I may could have worked at it longer and got it to work, other members here mounted them on both sides without issue. I just don't really need one on that side so once I saw it was gonna be trouble, I said screw it and moved on to the next modification.

Some pics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: NC750x DCT
    Thanks guys for the highway peg ideas. As you can see from my "Join Date" I've been lurking around here for quite awhile. Probably since I first heard about the NC700 coupled with a DCT. Lots of good stuff here.

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Obligatory new member post. Already used this forum to evaluate whether I should purchase this bike so thank you all!

2015 NC700X manual - new old stock. Picked it up out of state so my first ride was 250 miles covering three states!

New member welcome thread..-day_one-jpg

Last bike was a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 450 that I sold 20 years ago after my son was born. Wife was not thrilled with the purchase but her 'single mother raising kids' argument lost its teeth after our youngest moved out. She tried to trip me up the second day I rode it to work by asking me to pick up some Chinese food on the way home... FRUNK to the rescue!!!

New member welcome thread..-frunk_chinese-jpg

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by indyDean View Post
    ... She tried to trip me up the second day I rode it to work by asking me to pick up some Chinese food on the way home... FRUNK to the rescue!!!

Got to love the Frunk

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Grin. You could start a Chinese food delivery service. Welcome.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Senior Member New member welcome thread..
    New member welcome thread..
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by indyDean View Post
    Obligatory new member post. Already used this forum to evaluate whether I should purchase this bike so thank you all!

2015 NC700X manual - new old stock. Picked it up out of state so my first ride was 250 miles covering three states!

New member welcome thread..-day_one-jpg

Last bike was a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 450 that I sold 20 years ago after my son was born. Wife was not thrilled with the purchase but her 'single mother raising kids' argument lost its teeth after our youngest moved out. She tried to trip me up the second day I rode it to work by asking me to pick up some Chinese food on the way home... FRUNK to the rescue!!!

Some darn good riding country down around you. Enjoy the bike!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..