Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1622

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    Welcome!!!

And as i'm sure you know, the centerstand makes it sooooo nice to keep the chain oiled...
    .... that reminds me, i need to oil my chain......

Post up some PICS!!!
    After wearing out your first chain and sprockets at about 12,000 miles, change the stock 520 chains and sprockets to a 525 chains and sprockets. (If you can find them) This will almost always double your chain life....... The Africa Twin comes stock with 525 chain and sprockets, and it gets about 25,000 per set....
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Bike: NC750X
    Hi,

Glad to have found this forum.

I bought a NC750X (2015) at auction from the Canadian Government for a great price. Only 13000 kms! It was used by Environment Canada for emission testing.

I'v been riding dirt bikes since I was 10. Had a Honda Interceptor 750 in 1984 but was commuting in Toronto and couldn't get used to the traffic. So I sold it.

Fast forward to today. I'm now retired. Still ride dirt bikes. No longer live in Toronto and want to get back into a bit of road riding. When I saw the NC750X and researched it it seemed perfect for me.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Looking forward to doing a few mods and lots of riding.

Cheers

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the Ride NChammer, Great bike choice too! and a hearty welcome form north IDAHO! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: NC700S
    Hi everyone,

I'm Tony from Sydney Australia. I recently bought a used (2013) NC700S. I got it for $4300 (au) and it had only done 4400km. I have read reviews of many bikes over the years so I knew exactly what I was getting (that is : a bike with special abilities and not as good as NC750)... But the price was so good even the wife was happy.. I think there are a lot of buyers of NC bikes that don't do their research and think it is a naked sport bike.... then they sell it with low km's on the odo.... I see many of these bikes for sale and the owner has hardly ridden it... Funny
    I have made some small changes. New Chinese/fake akropovic exhaust can, larger windscreen, adjustable levers, TPMS, radiator guard.....
    I have done many short trips and one large trip so far and I love the throb of the engine at low speeds and the smooth power at highway speeds. Obviously the fuel economy is fantastic but being able to ride to Port Macquarie from Sydney to visit my parents (about 400km) on less than a full tank is tremendous.
    I had an MT09 before the Honda NC and I was stopping all the time for fuel (even though it was no gas hog).
    I'm yet to do an oil/filter change because the oil looks good and my crush washers have not arrived in the mail yet.

In terms of my bio, I have had an interesting life as an economics teacher living both in rural and urban locations in Australia plus HCMC in Vietnam, Manila, The Philippines and Beijing China. I have had bought and ridden bikes in all these countries and I have had some interesting crashes..... My family says I have 9 lives.....

I look forward to reading posts from people on this website about all the idiosyncrasies of the NC and how to have trouble free motoring. I bought this bike to be fun but frugal!
    Cheers
    New member welcome thread..-img_20190512_151857-jpg

Senior Member New member welcome thread..
    New member welcome thread..
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Welcome, Mate! Go easy on those nine lives. You’ll want to enjoy that bike as long as you can!!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: '18 NC750X
    Hi riders!

Old guy, haven't owned a bike since I sold my two naked GL1000s ('75 &'78) 15 years ago. Retired to New Mexico 4 years ago and found incredible riding weather year round.
    Few months ago considered buying a newer used car but recently discovered good prices on new bikes. Research got me to the NC750X and the left-over new 2018s are an amazing value.
    Found a couple of big dealers in AZ asking $1K less than local. Formed a plan: fly to Tuscon, ride new bike 2-lane scenic route 450 miles to home.

***Little voice in head says I must be nuts! 67 years old, out of shape, out of practice, never seen or sat on this bike, etc.***

Well, I did it anyway. That first day was horrible, scary white-knuckle practice in parking lots and Tuscon traffic and sometimes I wanted to give up; I really thought I might die on the ride home. Bike was heavier than I expected and my short legs had trouble keeping it upright. My old skills weren't coming back as quickly as I wanted. Made rookie mistakes. What was I thinking???

Over the next 3 days my skills got better and better, I got more confident and relaxed more and grew to absolutely love my NC and riding again.
    Turns out my planned route was incredible, probably the best bike ride I've ever found!! Should be on every "best bike rides" list! AZ77 and US60 through the White Mountains, beautiful deserts and protected forests of Arizona, Wow!
    At one point I saw a "Watch for Wildlife" sign and shuddered at the thought of giant Elk or Mule Deer. 100 yards later a road runner ran across in front of me, LOL! Then I just missed a rattlesnake, thankfully no giants that day.

Made it home safe yesterday and admit I am relieved. I need riders' classes ASAP. Been watching YT videos and they help. Really need to work hard and practice to relearn the right way to ride and stay safe.

And since this is the NC forum, that bike is fantastic!!! Absolutely perfect for me; easy to ride, comfortable, torquey, more than fast enough, great handling, great LED lights increase visibility, averaged 74.6 MPG, beautiful red paint, couldn't be better!!
    That is the best bike in the world for me. Oh, and $7400 out the door.New member welcome thread..-twisties-jpg
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 8th June 2019 at 10:25.

Senior Member New member welcome thread..
    New member welcome thread..
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    Hi riders!

Old guy, haven't owned a bike since I sold my two naked GL1000s ('75 &'78) 15 years ago. Retired to New Mexico 4 years ago and found incredible riding weather year round.
    Few months ago considered buying a newer used car but recently discovered good prices on new bikes. Research got me to the NC750X and the left-over new 2018s are an amazing value.
    Found a couple of big dealers in AZ asking $1K less than local. Formed a plan: fly to Tuscon, ride new bike 2-lane scenic route 450 miles to home.

***Little voice in head says I must be nuts! 67 years old, out of shape, out of practice, never seen or sat on this bike, etc.***

Well, I did it anyway. That first day was horrible, scary white-knuckle practice in parking lots and Tuscon traffic and sometimes I wanted to give up; I really thought I might die on the ride home. Bike was heavier than I expected and my short legs had trouble keeping it upright. My old skills weren't coming back as quickly as I wanted. Made rookie mistakes. What was I thinking???

Over the next 3 days my skills got better and better, I got more confident and relaxed more and grew to absolutely love my NC and riding again.
    Turns out my planned route was incredible, probably the best bike ride I've ever found!! Should be on every "best bike rides" list! AZ77 and US60 through the White Mountains, beautiful deserts and protected forests of Arizona, Wow!
    At one point I saw a "Watch for Wildlife" sign and shuddered at the thought of giant Elk or Mule Deer. 100 yards later a road runner ran across in front of me, LOL! Then I just missed a rattlesnake, thankfully no giants that day.

Made it home safe yesterday and admit I am relieved. I need riders' classes ASAP. Been watching YT videos and they help. Really need to work hard and practice to relearn the right way to ride and stay safe.

And since this is the NC forum, that bike is fantastic!!! Absolutely perfect for me; easy to ride, comfortable, torquey, more than fast enough, great handling, great LED lights increase visibility, averaged 74.6 MPG, beautiful red paint, couldn't be better!!
    That is the best bike in the world for me. Oh, and $7400 out the door.New member welcome thread..-twisties-jpg
    Hah! You stole that bike!! (And rode it accordingly ) Nice going!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Randy that is incredible, what a great story and incredible first ride! Thank you for sharing that with all of us and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO. Just a few weeks ago I rode down from Idaho and stayed at the 3 Step Hideaway(highly recommended) just south of La Sal Utah. While there I rode over to Ouray Co and down the Million Dollar Hwy to Albuquerque, then over to the 4 Corners Monument into Arizona for a ways and back up to 3 Step. Hope you continue to get out and ride often, looking forward to seeing you on the road somewhere... :{)

New member welcome thread..-3step-vac-4-corners-monument-me5-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: '18 NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Randy that is incredible, what a great story and incredible first ride! Thank you for sharing that with all of us and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO.
    Thank you for the welcome! Happy to share, that's what makes these forums fun!

Hey I look just like you...except I'm shorter, and fatter, and my white beard is different, and lots of other stuff.

My car is getting old and even though it's been reliable I'm afraid to trust it on longer trips so getting this brand new bike will allow me to get into some fantastic touring. Up into Colorado, the four corners, Grand Canyon, south to Mexico, east into Texas, etc. But first I need classes and practice!

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    Thank you for the welcome! Happy to share, that's what makes these forums fun!

Hey I look just like you...except I'm shorter, and fatter, and my white beard is different, and lots of other stuff.

My car is getting old and even though it's been reliable I'm afraid to trust it on longer trips so getting this brand new bike will allow me to get into some fantastic touring. Up into Colorado, the four corners, Grand Canyon, south to Mexico, east into Texas, etc. But first I need classes and practice!
    Randy, I also returned to riding with the Nc700x. I found the videos from MCRider on YouTube were very helpful.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels