Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,515 of 1515

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    Welcome!!!

And as i'm sure you know, the centerstand makes it sooooo nice to keep the chain oiled...
    .... that reminds me, i need to oil my chain......

Post up some PICS!!!
    After wearing out your first chain and sprockets at about 12,000 miles, change the stock 520 chains and sprockets to a 525 chains and sprockets. (If you can find them) This will almost always double your chain life....... The Africa Twin comes stock with 525 chain and sprockets, and it gets about 25,000 per set....
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Bike: NC750X
    Hi,

Glad to have found this forum.

I bought a NC750X (2015) at auction from the Canadian Government for a great price. Only 13000 kms! It was used by Environment Canada for emission testing.

I'v been riding dirt bikes since I was 10. Had a Honda Interceptor 750 in 1984 but was commuting in Toronto and couldn't get used to the traffic. So I sold it.

Fast forward to today. I'm now retired. Still ride dirt bikes. No longer live in Toronto and want to get back into a bit of road riding. When I saw the NC750X and researched it it seemed perfect for me.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Looking forward to doing a few mods and lots of riding.

Cheers

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the Ride NChammer, Great bike choice too! and a hearty welcome form north IDAHO! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: NC700S
    Hi everyone,

I'm Tony from Sydney Australia. I recently bought a used (2013) NC700S. I got it for $4300 (au) and it had only done 4400km. I have read reviews of many bikes over the years so I knew exactly what I was getting (that is : a bike with special abilities and not as good as NC750)... But the price was so good even the wife was happy.. I think there are a lot of buyers of NC bikes that don't do their research and think it is a naked sport bike.... then they sell it with low km's on the odo.... I see many of these bikes for sale and the owner has hardly ridden it... Funny
    I have made some small changes. New Chinese/fake akropovic exhaust can, larger windscreen, adjustable levers, TPMS, radiator guard.....
    I have done many short trips and one large trip so far and I love the throb of the engine at low speeds and the smooth power at highway speeds. Obviously the fuel economy is fantastic but being able to ride to Port Macquarie from Sydney to visit my parents (about 400km) on less than a full tank is tremendous.
    I had an MT09 before the Honda NC and I was stopping all the time for fuel (even though it was no gas hog).
    I'm yet to do an oil/filter change because the oil looks good and my crush washers have not arrived in the mail yet.

In terms of my bio, I have had an interesting life as an economics teacher living both in rural and urban locations in Australia plus HCMC in Vietnam, Manila, The Philippines and Beijing China. I have had bought and ridden bikes in all these countries and I have had some interesting crashes..... My family says I have 9 lives.....

I look forward to reading posts from people on this website about all the idiosyncrasies of the NC and how to have trouble free motoring. I bought this bike to be fun but frugal!
    Cheers
    New member welcome thread..-img_20190512_151857-jpg

Senior Member New member welcome thread..
    New member welcome thread..
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Welcome, Mate! Go easy on those nine lives. You’ll want to enjoy that bike as long as you can!!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..