Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the ride Scoob! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: NC750X DCT

Buck

Hi Guys,

I live in Gaborone, Botswana, Southern Africa. I just purchased a brand new NC750X DCT which I've owned for one whole day and I'm mega excited. Is It safe to stand on responses appreciated.

Bike: NC750X DCT

Cool Buck,

Sorry, finger trouble! Is it safe to stand on the footrest when mounting a NC750X DCT when it is on it's side stand?

All responses appreciated.

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Hi Russell,
    I always stand on the footpeg to mount the bike while on the side stand. It helps me to get my old leg over the luggage pack mounted on the rear seat.
    Some people even rock the bike up on the side stand to pivot around in tight spots. I've done it a few times just to try it.
    Enjoy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell2251 View Post
    Sorry, finger trouble! Is it safe to stand on the footrest when mounting a NC750X DCT when it is on it's side stand?

All responses appreciated.
    Welcome to the thread and congratulations on the NC. As for the side stand, how much do you weigh?

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the ride Russell..!! Occasionally i too will use my peg to mount the bike, has been easy and safe.
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2018 NC750X
    Hi thought I best pop in here and introduce myself as I have been in and asked a question first. Turned 65 last December but have been riding on and off since I passed my test on a Lambretta when I was 16. I am a retired Police Officer so am a Police qualified advanced rider. I also spent 5 years instructing riders in the UK from basic CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) through Direct Access right up to Advanced. Had quite lengthy periods without a bike over the years but have always returned.

We moved from the UK to Northern Cyprus last year which meant we had to sell our bike Triumph Tiger Explorer. My wife cried when it went but I wasn't that bothered as the weather in the UK had been horrendous for months and we had hardly been out at all. We tried to get out on the bike every month even in the depths of winter as long as there wasn't ice or snow and generally managed it at most years.

So having arrived here we miss being out on a bike and thought about buying one for when we are back in the UK visiting family and friends but realised that was a lot of money to lay out and have stood rotting away for a few weeks a year. In the height of summer here June - October it is way too hot to ride comfortably but the rest of the year it would be fantastic. We actually went to look at clothing at a bike shop the other week and the Guy said we would need winter gear to ride at the moment. It is 14c and above most days even in December, January and February! As that is like a Summer's day in the UK I told him we would be fine with summer stuff!

So we are trotting back home for a family funeral and while we are there we shall pick up some of our gear but buy new jackets and boots to cope with the extreme heat out here. We 'should' pick the bike up 2018 NC750X on the 4th of March so very much looking forward to that. Will be good to get back on two wheels again.

OK that is me introduced. Hope to learn a bit more about the bike when I get it but have little doubt I will be back with questions before very long.

Chris