Page 134 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1616

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Bike: 750x DCT
    Hi All,

Just joined this morning��

I purchased a 2017 NC750X DCT in June and the bike has just gone in for its 1st service at 500 miles. Very happy at this early stage of ownership. The bike is sooo easy to ride, so I can concentrate on the all of the other dangers...

I am a relatively inexperienced rider and this is my second bike after restoring an old BMW airhead. I live in Yorkshire and have easy access to some amazing roads throughout the area. The UK is a busy little island with crowded roads, so a nimble machine with good torque and excellent visibility makes sense (IMO).

I have the Honda top box and panniers, plus centre stand and heated grips pack. In terms of other 'mods' an experienced biker told me to ride/own the bike for a while and it will tell you what it needs as I put the miles on.

Looking forward to learning from you folks��

Chris

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Welcome, and you picked an awesome ride! Not that we're overly biased here!! Spent quite a few caravaning trips and boy scout/ air cadet camping/ hiking/ outward bounds events on the North Yorkshire Moors. One of my favourite places and one that I miss the most since becoming an expat in the US! You certainly do have some great twisty roads available to you. I remember borrowing my parents car and going for some early solo runs shortly after passing my test. You very quickly learn the width of your vehicle and how much room on the road you really need!!

Plenty of mods here on the forum to browse/search through, but your experienced friend is right. Ride and figure out what you need. The only caveat I add to that is that if you're seriously thinking about a few mods that involve removing plastics or playing with electrics, then I would consider grouping those together and getting them done at one time!!

Oh, and it didn't happen unless there are pictures. Just sayin'
    --
    Fez

Thanks Fez,

How do I attach photo's, can't seem to find the attach button or am I missing something?

Struggling to attach the bike image, can anybody help, instructions not too clear on this site.

Thanks

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    Hint: Don't use Photobucket ; }

I myself post images inline here, using a link from flickr. Some just click the third-from-right image tool above, and then pick from Computer or from URL.
    Last edited by greenboy; 28th July 2017 at 06:50.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums
    390 sounds better than 790 to me

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Chris, you have two main options, 1) hosted pictures from another location such as a photo storage website (Photobucket is an example, but not recommended); 2) post/upload the photos directly into the message - like this one.

First, click the picture icon while in the Quick Reply box
    New member welcome thread..-photo-icon1-jpg

Second select "From computer" (this posts/uploads directly) or "From URL" (this is using pictures that are already online, usually hosted at a photo storage website), in this case the former - and then click "Select files"
    New member welcome thread..-photo-icon2-jpg

Third, in the resulting dialog box (not pictured) browse your computer to select the picture(s) you are trying to post and click "open" once they're all selected

Fourth, you will then see a box similar to below, click on "upload..."
    New member welcome thread..-photo-icon3-jpg

Fifth, now you're back in your message box but you will have some text codes representing your pictures in the form of Attachment 12345 where 12345 is a number referencing the image file. If you uploaded more than one picture you will see these codes in a singe string. You then separate the groupings out to fit in with the text of your message, see below as a snippet of this message as an example.
    New member welcome thread..-photo-icon4-jpg

The "Go Advanced" button will bring you to window that also provides a "preview post" button in case you want to see what your post will look like before you finally hit the "submit reply" button.

You can also create albums and upload pictures outside of comments/threads, but that's for another day...
    --
    Fez

New member welcome thread..-2537aaf2-b183-49f7-9efa-f6cfc091d252-jpg

Did this work?

Thanks Fez for all your help!

Here it is, I choose blue, ignore my messy garage!

Senior Member New member welcome thread.. Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Here it is, I choose blue
    Welcome from Oregon and congrats on your new NC', blue is always a nice color. Enjoy!

In the future if your photos posted show up sideways or upside down, this thread may help (Upside Down Photo Postings (but not from OZ)).

Ray

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Bike: '13 NC700X, '09 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
    Here it is, I choose blue, ignore my messy garage![/QUOTE]

That's not messy, at least not compared to mine.
    I'm not smart enough for a smart phone, so all I have is a dumb phone.
    GPS? Why would I want one of them? You can't get lost, there's no fun in that.