Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from L.A. Lower Alabama!

Senior Member Hello from L.A.  Lower Alabama! superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Welcome from the other L.A. (Lower Arkansas!) Enjoy the ride!

Bike: 2018 NC750X DCT
    Welcome Johnboy.

I don't know much about the 500X but I've heard good things about it. I don't believe the DCT is an option though.

I have a 2018 NC750X with the DCT and I'm thrilled with it. The low center of gravity makes it feel lighter than it is, so it's an easy bike to ride with confidence. I do mostly back road type of stuff but finally got it kitted out to do some long trips. (panniers, new seat, freeway pegs, heated grips, etc). My only "long trip" was about 700 miles and I was very pleased with it, can't wait to start piling on the miles. I watched a YouTube vlog the other day and this guy has a 2015 DCT with 160,000 kilometers on it. Most of his riding is all around Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and around there. He says it's been brilliant. Very reliable, the DCT has been flawless. (I have 2,400 miles on mine, so I have some catching up to do. Don't hold your breath...)

I have no experience off road with it but enough people on the forum do and with the right tires, it seems to be okay on the tamer stuff. It's not intended to be that bike, but if most of your riding is back roads and freeways, you'll love the NC. And the DCT. And the frunk!

I think most people will agree that it's good at just about everything. Not excellent, but really good. It's a very popular bike in Europe so there's a lot of aftermarket accessories available too, and it's a Honda, so it's about as reliable as it gets.

Good luck with your decision, and if you get the NC, report back with your thoughts and experiences.

Bike: 2018 NC750X Manual Trans 2007 CRF450X (plated)
    Hello John welcome to the forum! I own a nc750x 2018 manual version and I can attest to saying it's the best dual purpose bike I've ever owned. I can comfortably tour on it and I've taken it to some gnarly off road without dropping it yet. The engine characteristics puts all the power in the low rpm range so it feels almost tractor like with it's power delivery. It reminds me dearly of my old xr650L with how it delivers power off road but my vtx 1800c with how smooth the engine is on road. I highly recommend the 750 if you can get a good deal on it because of the LED lights, upgraded dash and extra counter balancer on the crankshaft. The cb500x would be a better bike if you planned to go more off-road and maybe only could own one bike, but the NC is more than capable at everything I've asked it to do. Cheers!

Bike: 2018 NC750X Manual Trans 2007 CRF450X (plated)
    Quote Originally Posted by superdedooperman View Post
    Welcome from the other L.A. (Lower Arkansas!) Enjoy the ride!
    Where do you ride at? Hello from you neighbor in North West Louisiana. I speed all my time either riding in East Texas and Southwest Arkansas

Senior Member Hello from L.A.  Lower Alabama! superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rider View Post
    Where do you ride at? Hello from you neighbor in North West Louisiana. I speed all my time either riding in East Texas and Southwest Arkansas
    Normally, just around where I live on the backroads. I ride to and from work the most. Sometimes I'll ride to the neighboring cities 30-45 minutes away.