Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under $5.

Bike: Honda nc700x

Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under $5.

Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .-63e0d9e7-7099-4539-9b9c-38444ae5ce44-jpgSoft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .-d6cb2281-170c-450d-b341-1ffde0caa991-jpgSoft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .-2e555dba-4723-4116-8e2c-c4834de9e205-jpg

Hi,
    This is Phil in Boulder, good person, not gifted mechanically.
    I recently mounted Nelson Riggs cL-950 soft bags on my 2013 NC700x, and they of course toe in into the rear wheel when loaded.
    I made a support bar out of a 45Ē rubber tie down strap, an old curtain rod cut into 2 pieces, and some electrical tape. Took around 20 minutes from idea to completion, and this was easy even for me.
    Iíve now ridden for three weeks, with varying loads in bags, including in rainstorms, and it just works.
    I attempted to upload three pictures.
    First ran the tie down step around the back just under red reflector and just above license plate, to the rear foot peg brackets.
    Second cut 2 pieces of an old curtain rod, 22.5Ē each.
    Third wrappped curtain rod pieces around outside of tie down strap on the sides, with closely overlapped electrical tape, with a dab of silicone caulk to seal the ends.
    It is rigid, has been fully stable, seems to work well and can be removed or reinstalled in seconds.
    Again, this is not complex or elegant, but looks neat and unobtrusive when on bike.
    Thanks,
    Phil

Senior Member Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .
    Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Simple, effective, and inexpensive. What’s not to like?

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the ride Phil.. I have the identical bags, still in the package, brand new and never used! I like them but just prior to installing them i scored a killer deal on a full set of factory hard cases, top box, rack and all mounts/hardware! So i installed them and have enjoyed using them. Sadly, the NR bags have just sat. I'll either find another use for them or sell em'.

Congrats on the fine engineering job. Necessity if the father of most inventions! Good for you, i like them! :{)

Soft bag support bar for we mechanically challenged, easy to do and under .-body-parts-luggage-installation7-jpg
    Last edited by Rapturee; 22nd August 2019 at 21:02. Reason: rented fingers, though my lease is about up
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    Is that pulling down on your rear light assembly?