Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I have tried the Shad seat twice. I still have the second one. On the second one I got used from someone, I found that the fit was bad because the rubber bumpers under the front of the pan were too tall. I swapped those bumpers for a pair of the shorter ones that go under the passenger seat, and the fit is now good.

The Shad seat does not fix the forward slope problem.
    The slope problem doesn't seem to be my issue, moreso that the seat isn't wide enough and I feel like it's going up by arse…..I'm not fat, but I do wear 38-34 jeans Lol. That said, the slope may not be as bad on it YET....because it is still lowered. It has the adjustable lowering links in the rear, so it might be lowered quite a bit in the rear, then the slope might piss me off once I raise it back to factory ride height. I know it will look a lot better raised up, I hate the lowered look.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    The slope problem doesn't seem to be my issue, moreso that the seat isn't wide enough and I feel like it's going up by arseÖ..I'm not fat, but I do wear 38-34 jeans Lol. That said, the slope may not be as bad on it YET....because it is still lowered. It has the adjustable lowering links in the rear, so it might be lowered quite a bit in the rear, then the slope might piss me off once I raise it back to factory ride height. I know it will look a lot better raised up, I hate the lowered look.
    I just recently lost a little weight but I was wearing 38-32 for the last 7 years or so.

I've never ridden with anything other then the stock seat so I've got nothing to compare but after the first 30,000 or so I could comfortably ride much longer 8 or 9 hours, after that I want to stop every hour or hour and a half for about fifteen minutes or so to stretch my legs (highway pegs would probably help with that) so I'm not sure if the stock seat took a long time to brake in our I just got more accustomed to riding the NC longer.

Having said that I don't remember how long I've had the sit-n-fly installed (just that it's been at least a couple years, but likely longer) and that was I big help, especially in the heat or rain.
    so my specs are as follows, I'm 5'10 or 5'11 I was 230lb until just recently, after installing a handle bar riser (30mm lift) and fixing the slope on the seat made there was an immediate difference in how long I could comfortably ride, that said plenty of people have tweeked and adjusted their NC to make it fit them better and the end result is rarely exactly the same as someone else's.

It looks like you've got experience riding both time and different styles of motorcycles and you've already started diving into different threads here on the forum Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!

Good luck with straightening out your seat situation

Well just installed: center stand, new kickstand (old one was shortened), and raised it back to normal ride height. Forks are flush with top triple clamp and installed oem dogbones on rear. Of all that, changing out the kickstand bar gave me the most trouble. I broke (a little) that black plastic kickstand sensor bc I did not notice 2 bolts on part of the frame I had to remove before backing out the kickstand bolt. Oh well, luckily that's the only issue I had.

Sits a good bit higher now, I like it! Looks much better.

Now about the bags.....crap-ton of bolts and brackets, no instructions were sent...this will be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Lookin' good there Taco!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Super Moderator Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday! 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    If you search with Google or whatever for a pdf of the Honda accessory you are trying to install, often you can find the instructions for installation.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Installed with no instructions...ended up with 4 thinner spacers and 2 rubber bumper looking things left over. Pretty sure the 4 thinner spacers were supposed to go between the brackets and the grab handles. Oh well.

Everything lines up and fits snug. Was a lot more work than I anticipated knocking all that out in one day.

Please excuse the junky cluttered garage. New shop just got finished, waiting on electrical work next week and will be moving stuff in it shortly thereafter. And school starts back Monday for me too. I need a vacation.

Senior Member Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!
    Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    The garage/workshop to die for!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    The garage/workshop to die for!
    Thanks! It's the 2nd one I've built. Built a 20x24 at my old property back in 2011, didn't have much room to work with and limited budget then, and it filled up with stuff way too fast. This one is 40x36. Knew I wasn't going to cut corners and needed to build it plenty big enough. Of course, I believe even if I had a 100x100, I'd find a way to fill it up with stuff. Lol.

Man I'm ready to ride the NC now! Still got a couple things to button up on it. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Senior Member Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!
    Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Thanks! It's the 2nd one I've built. Built a 20x24 at my old property back in 2011, didn't have much room to work with and limited budget then, and it filled up with stuff way too fast. This one is 40x36. Knew I wasn't going to cut corners and needed to build it plenty big enough. Of course, I believe even if I had a 100x100, I'd find a way to fill it up with stuff. Lol.

Man I'm ready to ride the NC now! Still got a couple things to button up on it. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Itíll be hot but it looks like youíre ready to add miles of smiles

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Just tried installing the highway peg on the right side (one on left side has been on for a couple weeks), and couldn't get the thing on. The clamp was stupid tight on the other side, borderline too small, this one is even worse. I couldn't get the bolt to stick through enough to even start the threads on the peg. I'm just gonna leave it off for now, but that does aggravate me. I could buy a longer bolt, but it looks better on that side without one anyways, so I may just leave it off for good.