Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking it up today!

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X

Picking it up today!

2012 NC700X. Closed the deal last night, we're meeting up at a mutually agreed place between Las Vegas and Kungman, AZ.
    Hope to be active in your group as time goes on. I'm old, but still ride a lot.:-)

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Enjoy the ride!

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    Enjoy! It'll be a blast!
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the Ride Sherm, enjoy your new-to-you NC!!! Week after next i'll be coming through 4 corners headed to Page and Ely returning home to ID-HO if that route isn't too far of a ride for you we can meet up if you'd like for coffee, meal or PIE!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X

Already a happy owner! Have a little over a hundred miles. Not exactly sure how this

Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    2012 NC700X. Closed the deal last night, we're meeting up at a mutually agreed place between Las Vegas and Kungman, AZ.
    Hope to be active in your group as time goes on. I'm old, but still ride a lot.:-)
    Having a little problem learning how the forum works, but eventually will learn. Been derailing the 2012, read owners manual. Hope to find an on line service manual. I want to tap into a keyed wire to hook up a GPS. Looking for one. I usually go into a tail light wire, but not easy finding an easy place. As time goes on, things will become familiar.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    Having a little problem learning how the forum works, but eventually will learn. Been derailing the 2012, read owners manual. Hope to find an on line service manual. I want to tap into a keyed wire to hook up a GPS. Looking for one. I usually go into a tail light wire, but not easy finding an easy place. As time goes on, things will become familiar.
    I haven't found a decent online service manual but if your looking for an answer to a specific question you can usually find that online and if not, ask here on the forum and someone will happily help out.

Congratulations on the new to you motorcycle I think you'll be happy with how simple maintenance and farkling is on the NC

Senior Member Picking it up today!
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    If you post a link to an online manual it'll most likely be taken down - due to copyright issues.

When I googled "NC700X Wiring Diagram" and clicked on images, the first option was a diagram for an NC750XD. While not identical, I suspect most of it applies. It's on this site, I'll post the image here too. NC750XD wiring diagram color high resolution but it appears to have some mistakes, or things have changed - these bikes generally use 3 wire front turn signals while the image shows 2 wire. In this diagram it appears that pink/blue wires are on whenever ignition is on, but I don't know if that's accurate. Additionally, it appears that green is ground.

be warned that the image search will turn up lots of other diagrams that might initially appear to be labeled NC700X when they're entirely unrelated.
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

Super Moderator Picking it up today! 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    If you post a link to an online manual it'll most likely be taken down - due to copyright issues.

When I googled "NC700X Wiring Diagram" and clicked on images, the first option was a diagram for an NC750XD. While not identical, I suspect most of it applies. It's on this site, I'll post the image here too. NC750XD wiring diagram color high resolution but it appears to have some mistakes, or things have changed - these bikes generally use 3 wire front turn signals while the image shows 2 wire. In this diagram it appears that pink/blue wires are on whenever ignition is on, but I don't know if that's accurate. Additionally, it appears that green is ground.
    That diagram also includes a position light which US models do not have. I suspect it’s a diagram for Europe, Australia, or who knows where.

On US models I have seen the wiring change slightly from year to year, so one would need to be careful what exact schematic they are viewing.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Based on the service manual I have, the 12 is different from the 13 - 15 in the US.

JT

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I too am looking for a wire to tap into that is key on-power on and key off power off. I am presumptuously going to use one of the front turn signal/running light wires. That should give me enough power to run a relay for other accessories that i want to then run off of the relay. Just a thought. :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!