Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: First new bike

Bike: 2015 NC700x

First new bike

Hi. I'm your basic 2 wheel junky that got my first taste of motorcycles sometime around age 13. In three days I turn 50 so the new 2015 NC700x I picked up last week is my BD present. Everything is great except the other day when I was getting screws for the licence plate I dropped the bag while sitting on the bike and my boot slipped as I bent over and the bike went down! The only consolation I have is that it didn't completely drop and the only damage is on two parts I plan to replace soon -the silencer and (flimsy) honda handguards.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Welcome to the RIDE Jeffro.... and a hearty welcome from north IDAHO!! Great choice on the BD present, sorry to hear you tipped it over. haha, that does happen to the best of us! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Senior Member First new bike
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    The first drop is the hardest...it gets less painful after that. I don't want to say how I know

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    The first drop is the hardest...it gets less painful after that. I don't want to say how I know
    I'm getting used to so many different things with this bike I hope that's the only oops for a while. I put the first real 100 miles on it today and worked on breaking it in some more. The only thing I broke on the bumpy country roads out here is my behind.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Hi. I'm your basic 2 wheel junky that got my first taste of motorcycles sometime around age 13. In three days I turn 50 so the new 2015 NC700x I picked up last week is my BD present. Everything is great except the other day when I was getting screws for the licence plate I dropped the bag while sitting on the bike and my boot slipped as I bent over and the bike went down! The only consolation I have is that it didn't completely drop and the only damage is on two parts I plan to replace soon -the silencer and (flimsy) honda handguards.
    Happy Birthday!

JT

Commuter Extraordinaire First new bike
    First new bike
    Bike: NC700X
    Congrats on the purchase. Mine has gently seen the ground 3 times so it happens. Loose gravel, wet surface, or just not paying attention will get you every time. LOL. Hope you enjoy the bike.

Senior Member First new bike
    First new bike

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    Happy birthday and welcome to the clan. Mine is a 2015 and, sadly, I think I've dropped her 4 times.
    1) Missed a curb with my boot
    2) Stopped at a gravel pullout and stepped into a hole in the uneven ground.
    3) High-centered on a roundish boulder and could do nothing but watch her tip over and roll almost upside down.
    4)Parked her outside the bank in a spot that was a little more sloped than I thought and the wind blew her over while I was inside (this one was right after I lowered her but before I cut down the sidestand). Luckily, she tipped over into a bush.

All of those were in the first year and she's apparently forgiven me cuz she just keeps on running like a dream. Mine (named Skookum) is DCT with about 25k miles on her and the only maintenance I've done is oil changes, a fork oil change, 3 sets of tires, two valve adjustment checks, and fresh brake fluid.

I hope you get to enjoy your bike as much as I do.
    >Thom
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.