Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana)

Senior Member New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana) dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottHump View Post
    Welcome Michael and Robert - regarding the lowering links, I also felt I might need to do that as I found it necessary on my Versys, but this bike has a much lower center of gravity and feels so much lighter that I felt very confident with the stock height, even with just the balls of my feet touching down. Try it for a while to see what you think, you may be good to go.

Fun facts - I'm 5'7", 30 inch inseam. My 2015 Versys (awesome bike, had to sell it, needed a dct) had a 33 inch seat height, I think my 2018 NC is 32.7". They weigh about the same but you'd swear the NC is 100 lbs lighter.
    This is exactly how both the Suzuki WeeStrom and Versys felt when I rode them. Though both are a little lighter in weight compared to the NC their center of gravity is higher making the bikes harder to handle at a stop or at slow speeds.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: Aprilia Mana / Honda NC750x DCT
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

Junkie: The CTX700N DCT is not available in Canada. I considered buying and importing one from the US. But the time and hassle was not worth it.

Robert : Check out Power Sports T.O. ask for Doug hes one of the owners.

I lowered the Mana. So I will have to lower the NC also.

I have the Krauser C-Bowside soft bags on the Mana. I plan to keep them and use them on the NC750X. Now I just need to purchase the Krauser or Hepco & Becker C-Bow holder.

C-Bow sidecarrier for Honda NC 700 X / 750 X / DCT - NC 750 X / DCT (2014-) - HONDA - My bike
    Last edited by MICTEX; 23rd February 2019 at 17:42.

Again thank you for the warm welcome! Picked up the bike in July from Power Sports T.O.

New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana)-img_7381-jpg

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by MICTEX View Post
    Again thank you for the warm welcome! Picked up the bike in July from Power Sports T.O.

New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana)-img_7381-jpg
    So are you going to lower it?

We own 2 of them. My wife rides a lowered one and mine is stock.

If you decide you want to lower the bike there is an adjustable lowering kit you can buy from Soupy's. It is what we used on her bike. LINK => NC750X Lowering Link Links Kit (All Years)

They also sell an adjustable kickstand. I'm not smitten with the kickstand. But I bought one and now am planning to change it out. I am going to cut down her original kickstand, re-weld the base back onto the kickstand, and then reinstall the newly shortened original kickstand onto her bike.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    So are you going to lower it?

We own 2 of them. My wife rides a lowered one and mine is stock.

If you decide you want to lower the bike there is an adjustable lowering kit you can buy from Soupy's. It is what we used on her bike. LINK => NC750X Lowering Link Links Kit (All Years)

They also sell an adjustable kickstand. I'm not smitten with the kickstand. But I bought one and now am planning to change it out. I am going to cut down her original kickstand, re-weld the base back onto the kickstand, and then reinstall the newly shortened original kickstand onto her bike.
    I purchased the center stand and kickstand for the 700S, which is supposed to work for the lowered X. I ordered from Japan, but haven't lowered the bike as yet. I did get the soupy's links. I too and 5-7 with even shorter legs, 29" on a good day. I do get tired of climbing up, and I toe at stoplights. Thats ok, just I look foolish at times getting on and off.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Senior Member New to Honda NC 750x DCT (plan to trade my Aprilia Mana) SilverRocket's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XDLG
    Is that a 2018 750?
    It looks like the upper fairing is dark, not the silver we get in the USA (which I prefer).

For the 2019 all we get is the blue 750 with the dark fairing

Melensdad,

Yes! I lowered the bike. My dealership ordered the kit from Italy of all places. They also had to cut down the original kickstand. (re-weld the base etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRocket View Post
    Is that a 2018 750?
    It looks like the upper fairing is dark, not the silver we get in the USA (which I prefer).

For the 2019 all we get is the blue 750 with the dark fairing
    It's a 2019. The DCT only comes in candy red in Canada.

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by MICTEX View Post
    Melensdad,

Yes! I lowered the bike. My dealership ordered the kit from Italy of all places. They also had to cut down the original kickstand. (re-weld the base etc...)
    My wife has the SOUPY's adjustable kickstand. It does a great job of punching holes in hot asphalt parking lots so she has to carry a pop can to use under her kickstand. I just lowered her bike again. We are hoping the rain holds off long enough to ride it this weekend. Maybe? At some point, when she is happy with the height of the seat I will cut and re-weld her original kickstand so she can eliminate the need to carry a pop can in her Frunk
    Last edited by melensdad; 20th September 2019 at 20:52.