Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT

Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs

We are both 57, rode as kids, spent a good deal of time on scooter since childhood. Took the riders class, got our licenses, now own a new 2016 NC700x and a 2018 NC750x, both are DCT models.

Rural dwellers so our riding is on 2 lane county roads. Iíve strayed onto some gravel roads as sometimes the asphalt just ends and switches to gravel surface mid-route. But trying to stay on the firm black stuff.

Looking to take a real trip with these bikes

Super Moderator Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Welcome! The two of you should have a lot of fun adventures on the bikes in the future.

There are a few members here from your area. I’d be up for a fall Midwest group gathering ride if we could pick a mutual destination.

In April/May we do a get together in western North Carolina and sometimes in northern Arkansas. Great riding in those areas.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 72 Shovelhead and a 2012 NC700X DCT
    Welcome. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them. If you plan on much highway mileage (i.e. long stretches at a time) My first two recommendations are highway pegs, and the windshield of your choice.
    These are the highway pegs that fit my 2012, i assume your frame diameters are the same but you might check before ordering.... Kuryakyn 7920 Dually Offset Peg with 1.35" Clamp

Senior Member Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    We are both 57, rode as kids, spent a good deal of time on scooter since childhood. Took the riders class, got our licenses, now own a new 2016 NC700x and a 2018 NC750x, both are DCT models.

Rural dwellers so our riding is on 2 lane county roads. I’ve strayed onto some gravel roads as sometimes the asphalt just ends and switches to gravel surface mid-route. But trying to stay on the firm black stuff.

Looking to take a real trip with these bikes
    Welcome, come on down to the southern part of Indiana where there are actually hills and curves... (IN66 from Evansville to Leavenworth is very good). Numerous other roads down here are great also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoChris View Post
    Welcome. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them. If you plan on much highway mileage (i.e. long stretches at a time) My first two recommendations are highway pegs, and the windshield of your choice.
    These are the highway pegs that fit my 2012, i assume your frame diameters are the same but you might check before ordering.... Kuryakyn 7920 Dually Offset Peg with 1.35" Clamp
    When we bought the 2016 we ordered a set of Givi V35 panniers. Have not installed those yet, probably a winter project.

Ordered Hepco & Becker Gobi panniers and top box for the 2018 yesterday, but those are coming from Germany so it might be a bit of a wait for those.

Planning to add some LED aux lights to both, mostly to make sure we are seen by cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Welcome! The two of you should have a lot of fun adventures on the bikes in the future.

There are a few members here from your area. I’d be up for a fall Midwest group gathering ride if we could pick a mutual destination.

In April/May we do a get together in western North Carolina and sometimes in northern Arkansas. Great riding in those areas.
    Used to spend a good deal of time in North Carolina as our daughter graduated from Wake Forest in 2017. Did a lot of hiking in the mountains in the NW part of that state. But no plans to take our bikes down there. We actually would like to explore north into Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and even Canada along the shores of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    Welcome, come on down to the southern part of Indiana where there are actually hills and curves... (IN66 from Evansville to Leavenworth is very good). Numerous other roads down here are great also.
    We bought the NC700x in Terre Haute. That is about as far south in Indiana as I usually go unless I'm driving all the way through the state to go farther south. We do spend a good deal of time in Bloomington as our daughter is in law school there. Some nice roads there and we plan to explore that area by bike.

Senior Member Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    I also bought my 2013 NC700x in Terre Haute (Thompsons Motorsports). Matter of fact, my 2007 Suzuki C50 (now with 92,000+ miles) was bought new at Thompsons Motorsports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    I also bought my 2013 NC700x in Terre Haute (Thompsons Motorsports). Matter of fact, my 2007 Suzuki C50 (now with 92,000+ miles) was bought new at Thompsons Motorsports.
    Yup, Thompsons. Nice dealership, I was impressed. Our local Honda shop is tiny by comparison to Thompsons. Honestly I think our local shop could fit in Thompsons 3 times over.

We dealt with Jarrod. I also spent a good deal talking with another guy there who had an NC700x DCT, drove it for 50,000 miles touring the country, then bought an Africa Twin DCT. He sold the NC700x to another guy at Thompsons, who now rides it to work, and I spoke with that guy too.

It was a long ride down there for us but worth the trip for the bike we got and the deal they gave us.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    You will find the desire to add accessories, which we call farkling, can be overwhelming.
    This video does not include the seat, the extra turn signals in the handguard, or the new tires.

Honda NC700x DCT Additions and modifications. Oklahoma Hank. - YouTube

I made a Lincoln / Reagan / Hoover / Obama tour of Illinois some time ago. So much corn!
    Last edited by Hank; 19th September 2018 at 11:57.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You will find the desire to add accessories, which we call farkling, can be overwhelming.
    This video does not include the seat, the extra turn signals in the handguard, or the new tires.

Honda NC700x DCT Additions and modifications. Oklahoma Hank. - YouTube

I made a Lincoln / Reagan / Hoover / Obama tour of Illinois some time ago. So much corn!
    Corn and Soybeans dominate Iowa, Illinois & Indiana! We actually live on the IN/IL state line, technically in Indiana but our daughter went to school in Illinois. Back yard is corn this year. Soybeans next year.

Looking at mods already.

Givi V35 side cases have already arrived for our 2016. Also got the Admore LED light kit for the V35 cases so the case reflectors will be converted into secondary Brake Lights & Turn Signals.

Hepco & Becker GOBI side cases & top case are in transit for our 2018.

Both will likely get some sort of crash bar.
    Both will likely get some sort of Aux Fog or Driving lights.
    Both will also likely get new windshields + front road pegs.

Likely both will end up with one of the various cruise controls, looking pretty hard at the Atlas => ATLAS Throttle Lock - Universal Motorcycle Cruise Control

Not sure what else.

Senior Member Husband & Wife, new riders, now with 2 NC700x DCTs
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post

Likely both will end up with one of the various cruise controls, looking pretty hard at the Atlas => ATLAS Throttle Lock - Universal Motorcycle Cruise Control

Not sure what else.
    Never seen that throttle lock before. I would be interested in your feedback if you get it