Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Making another quick run to Montana, back down the Lewis & Clark scenic US12 Hwy!

Bike: 2012 NC700x

Making another quick run to Montana, back down the Lewis & Clark scenic US12 Hwy!

With all of the beautiful Falls colors out(now that i'm back in town)... I am thinking of taking off for a nice Fall day's 500 mile ride.

I'd like to meet up for breakfast about 08am locally, then head off for the ride about 09am. The first leg will be about (175 miles) to take I-90 and head east to Alberton Mt, from there there head down Petty Crk Rd to about the Lolo Hot Springs area and picking up Hwy 12 at about MM10(thanks live2ride for the short cut).

Heading west on the very scenic Lewis & Clark Hwy/US12, and taking a leisurely/burning corner ride west to Orofino (about 140 miles) and stopping off at the Krystal Cafe for a short break/coffee.

From there we can head over to Cherrylane just before Lewiston and head north to Juliaetta/Kendrick/Moscow then back up here (about 150 miles). It'll be a very nice and scenic ride with all of the Falls colors out. Forecast looks to be partly sunny/cloudy and decent for a great days ride!?

Denny's in PF (other suggestions) for a place to meet up for breakfast about 08am and then ride off at 09am!?

Nothing is set in stone, open to suggestions, and any or all others that would like to get in another good days ride before the season ends are welcome to join me(i will be riding it regardless)... :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing. 2015 Airbag Goldwing, some kid
    Enjoy! Was out there 2 years ago

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've ridden the same loop once before, but it was the other direction. SO now i am going to run it in the opposite direction and i will try to remember to stop and get a picture of the sign that has "curves for 100 miles". Either way you run it i don't believe you'll ever get any wear on the center of your tires haha!! :{)

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing. 2015 Airbag Goldwing, some kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    I've ridden the same loop once before, but it was the other direction. SO now i am going to run it in the opposite direction and i will try to remember to stop and get a picture of the sign that has "curves for 100 miles". Either way you run it i don't believe you'll ever get any wear on the center of your tires haha!! :{)
    Yes, I have run it both ways. Make sure you gas up! I gassed up in lewiston and my CBR 1100XX has a 6.3 gallon tank but running those sweepers at speed used up gas. I was going to be on fumes or dry if I had to make Missoula. Found a resort that sold gas at a decent price. Lochsa lodge. Just a small blue sign announces gas.

They're forecasting really cold temps, snow/rain mix so i'm going to hold off on this trip and maybe head South/West into Eastern Washington and maybe even southern Oregon where it is forcasted to be warm/sunny 60F's!! :{p

Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    They're forecasting really cold temps, snow/rain mix so i'm going to hold off on this trip and maybe head South/West into Eastern Washington and maybe even southern Oregon where it is forcasted to be warm/sunny 60F's!! :{p
    Goodluck,
    Nothing but rain here for at least a week. Getting down to 42F last couple of nights with high in the 50's. I plan on taking off on the wing and going to Pennsylvania and New York state to see some colors... if it doesn't rain the whole time.