Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X

Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Rocky from BMS about doing a group seat buy. For those unfamiliar, BMS has done about 50 NC700X seats and recently done one for Guy Webster, reputable photographer and Ducati collector.

MotoMan's Custom Honda NC700x Saddle - BMS - Best Motorcycle Seats by Bill Mayer Saddles

While speaking with Rocky he convinced me he is very familiar with the problems inherent to the NC700X seat such as the severe slope forward as well as bad foam density and shape. He claims he has the design to resolve these issues and make a great seat for our bikes. He does retain the stock seat pan and replaces the foam and cover. For the rear seat he can either simply recover to match or also re-cushion it as well.

Motorcycle consumer news(a consumer based publication) did a review of Bill Mayer Saddles:

Motorcycle Consumer News July 2011 - BMS - Best Motorcycle Seats by Bill Mayer Saddles

He asked if we could get a rough estimate of quantity we can get then he will generate a price. He mentioned if we can get 10 he will offer a great price but if we can get more he will do even better. Rocky mentioned the Yamaha Super Tenre' guys just did a group buy of 103 seats and he offered them a superb deal.

If your interested please state it here so we can all keep a running tally.
    Craig

Senior Member Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles gkgeiger's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X DCT
    I tried this several months ago with no success. https://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-g...heir-seat.html
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
    I tried this several months ago with no success. https://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-g...heir-seat.html
    Gene, Thanks for chiming in. Did you have BMS do your seat? if so how do you like it?
    Craig

Senior Member Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles Jay Fridays's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X (DCT)
    I may be interested if you can get the price? I hate the seat now... and so does me achy bum...
    Aloha !!!

2012 - Honda NC700x (dct)
    Spy 5000m 2-way Alarm w/Auto-Start, GPR Thunder Deeptone Exhaust, JMV Tail Kit, Kellerman Micro-rhombus LED Turn Signals, Signal Dynamics Back-off Brake Light Modulator, Path-Blazer Headlight Modulator, Pro Adjustable brake lever - Short, Powerbronze Dark-tint Windshield

Bike: 2012 NC700SA, 2001 WR250F
    Would this be a time sensitive deal? I can't part with my seat until the bike goes away for the winter. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I could be in for and overhaul on both seats.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    Would this be a time sensitive deal? I can't part with my seat until the bike goes away for the winter. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I could be in for and overhaul on both seats.
    This is very preliminary so I have no idea when or if this will happen. I'm just hopeful we can get at least 10 people to go in to get cost down.
    Craig

Bike: Silver 2013 NC700X
    Just ordered the Corbin, if it sucks at least I'll have the pans ready to send to someone

Senior Member Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles gkgeiger's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmri View Post
    Gene, Thanks for chiming in. Did you have BMS do your seat? if so how do you like it?
    Yes, BMS did my seat last fall. I've had a couple of write ups about it. Let me start by saying that since I broke my pelvis and tailbone in a dirt bike crash over 30 years ago, I haven't been able to ride on any stock MC seat. I have had 2 Rick Mayer, 1 BMS, and 3 Russell Day Long seats. They have all been very good but the RDL is the best. With that said they are ugly, at least most people think so. For any normal person the BMS would be "GREAT" but for me it's acceptable. For many years I would average 15-20K miles. I just bought a used stock seat which I will be sending to RDL as soon as I receive it. When it comes back I will be selling my BMS outright, no exchange needed and no month long wait. Mine is a Dual, meaning the pillion has been modified also. If anyone is interested you may send me a PM.

Gene

Gene, to clarify, that photo is the Russel Day Long Seat correct?
    Craig

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Well, I'm interested, depending on price and what is offered. Would be interested in both seats front and rear.