Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake and plate light out

Bike: NCX700DCT
    Thanks Junkie. thats what I'm hoping. Picked up a bulb today going to pull the tail apart and try it first. Just going to be a pain as its parked on the sidewalk at the place I'm at right now.

Rippin what headlight did you go with? Ive been wanting to do that next. I think I'm going to order an LED tail light online didnt like the style they had at the store. Will go with a filiment for now then drop the LED in in the spring.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    You mentioned the plate light being out too, does the tail light bulb also act as the plate light or is it a separate bulb? This is why I suspected bad wiring connections as the culprit, if more than one bulb went out at once.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tail light/ruining light, the brake light and the license plate light are all the same single bulb (dual filament)

Super Moderator Brake and plate light out 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    In the past, I messed around with LED replacement “bulbs” for tail lights on a Ninja 250. What I found back then was that if the tail light doubles as the license light, you’ll need a “white” LED. However, at least back then, white LEDs had very little red spectrum component in the white light. So the white license light looked fine but the tail/brake lights looked pink behind the red lens. I wonder if current day white LED replacements have adequate red light in them, or if they’ll still look pink through a red lens.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    In the past, I messed around with LED replacement “bulbs” for tail lights on a Ninja 250. What I found back then was that if the tail light doubles as the license light, you’ll need a “white” LED. However, at least back then, white LEDs had very little red spectrum component in the white light. So the white license light looked fine but the tail/brake lights looked pink behind the red lens. I wonder if current day white LED replacements have adequate red light in them, or if they’ll still look pink through a red lens.
    I was worried about that so I used a red light, the tail light is so close to the license plate it doesn't look out of place,

Bike: NCX700DCT
    670cc they make a lot of dual function LED lghts now to replace dual filament bulbs. So they are red LEDs with white LEDS for runing lights.