Thread: EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT

Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT

EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT

Looking to see if anyone can confirm the correct part number for the EBC HH pads for the REAR on a 2015 NC700x DCT (US model). Iím having a hell of time getting correct part numbers from EBC catalogs, google, dealers, etc. Thanks to DDuelin I got the correct front pads, but the rear pads I was sent seem to also be incorrect.

Thanks in advance - hoping someone has installed the correct ones and can share the part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GregC; 3rd September 2019 at 08:15.

Canít figure out how to edit the title - should be Rear Pads, not Rest Pads.

Super Moderator EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Can’t figure out how to edit the title - should be Rear Pads, not Rest Pads.
    I fixed it.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Senior Member EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Greg, which ones did you get and they not fit?

I may have told you the wrong number back on August 26th. I thought FA174s fit but I just looked them up in the USA catalog and it says FA140s behind FA196 fronts. If you got 174s on my recommendation I'm sorry.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT

Dave - can you send me a link to the US catalog? When I look at the US catalog on the EBC site Iím getting different part numbers than you. Hereís what Iím looking at: 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019

Rocky Mountain ATV specified the parts based on the lookup. It tracks the EBC catalog and lumps the 12-17 NC700ís together.

Both the EBC US catalog and Rocky Mtn show the incorrect front brakes for a 2015 DCT.

The rear brakes they sent, FA174, seem to be slightly too ďtall,Ē I think the 2 tabs on the top of the pad plate are too tall, hit the retaining clip and donít let the caliper come down fully to allow the retention pin and caliper bolt to be reinstalled. I checked the alignment of the pads to the back 100 times. The OEM pads just drop in and fit.

I assume the FA140HH is whatís needs - but I donít see that anywhere in the catalog Iím looking at.

Your advice on the fronts was spot on. I had already ordered the pads before I saw the updates from you - so no worries.

Last edited by GregC; 3rd September 2019 at 12:52.

Senior Member EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Dave - can you send me a link to the US catalog? When I look at the US catalog on the EBC site Iím getting different part numbers than you. Hereís what Iím looking at: 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019

Rocky Mountain ATV specified the parts based on the lookup. It tracks the EBC catalog and lumps the 12-17 NC700ís together.

Both the EBC US catalog and Rocky Mtn show the incorrect front brakes for a 2015 DCT.

The rear brakes they sent, FA174, seem to be slightly too ďtall,Ē I think the 2 tabs on the top of the pad plate are too tall, hit the retaining clip and donít let the caliper come down fully to allow the retention pin and caliper bolt to be reinstalled. I checked the alignment of the pads to the back 100 times. The OEM pads just drop in and fit.

I assume the FA140HH is whatís needs - but I donít see that anywhere in the catalog Iím looking at.

Your advice on the fronts was spot on. I had already ordered the pads before I saw the updates from you - so no worries.

I did some interpolation of the catalog listing because we know Honda has not imported any Non-ABS DCT gearbox models into the USA. DCT models in 2012-2013 all were equipped with ABS & linked brakes using the long 3 piston caliper (388 pads). Non ABS bikes of all USA years so far have the same 2 piston front caliper (196s). By extension 2014 and later bikes taking 196 pads should take 140 rears. The 388s were a two year thing.

Here on pages 30-31 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Thanks. Iím going to use your summary when I return these pads. I donít know how any of the parts sellers are supposed to figure this out when the EBC catalog just lumps all years together.

Thanks for the help. Mercifully the OEM rear pads were totally fine (as would be expected) - I just prefer having the same pads front and rear. Fortunately the change out will be quick with the correct part.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Just an FYI:
    For the NC 750 I couldn't find a rear brake listing in the US catalog, but in the international catalog the rear brake pads are not 140, but FA496 (page 48-49 lines 52-60). EBC-2019-Intl-Full-Catalogue

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I've been pondering the matter of EBC rear pads and I believe although I just swapped to EBC HH pads on the front, I'm just gonna stick to stockers on the rear, no need in having aggressive pads on the rear really. Most your stopping power comes from the front anyways.

Senior Member EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    I've been pondering the matter of EBC rear pads and I believe although I just swapped to EBC HH pads on the front, I'm just gonna stick to stockers on the rear, no need in having aggressive pads on the rear really. Most your stopping power comes from the front anyways.
    I went in the middle with semi-sintered V pad. The moto gyhmkana was rough on the orgainic pad. I am tracking it better with the new set so time will tell...