Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Center stand

Bike: 14 NCX

Question Center stand

I bought an 14' new from dealer and it never had a center stand.. is this common? I''ve had issues in the past with new bikes where the dealer didn't install everything in the box. thinking I can pick one up on Fleebay? looks like a kit is ~$129?

Senior Member Center stand
    Center stand
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    The center stand is an option on the NC, unfortunately.

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Super Moderator Center stand 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Blame mother Honda for making you pay extra for the center stand. Expect to pay between $107 and $120 for the OEM accessory kit. MSRP is $150, but Honda NC700X accessories should always found be discounted 20-30% somewhere.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing.
    Look on webike.com for a centerstand. Around $75 I believe. If you plan on lowering the bike get the 700 S centerstand as it is a little shorter and will be easier to put up on the stand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bike: NC700X,XR250R,BEVERLY 350 ST
    Some had problem with seizing up of the honda centerstand eventually.Plus its expensive.I boought the sw motech on ebay for aprx 200 dollars, but its quality is exquisit. You can find also on the same site some no name centerstands for around 80 bucks ,but with unknown quality.It helped me tremendous with the maintenance. I changed my fork oil,took out and reinstalled refurbished rear shock ,changed front and rear tire etc etc all impossible to do without support.Plus it prevents the rear shock spring from fatigue,having to carry day and night all this weight.Dont forget to extra lube its spring after you installed the stand.Before purchase check if the centerstand is in the way of your skid plate. if you have one installed maybe it will need modifications.i did this with the help of a blacksmith.Hope i helped.

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    opted for the OEM center stand. So far I've used it 1x, the first time. The C-S is even kind of awkward to pop up. But if you plan to do your own basic maintenance a cheap lift will cost about the same and this one is portable. haven't tested this bike but on others I can usually get another 2" with a solid block of wood under the centerstand for tire work.

Commuter Extraordinaire Center stand
    Center stand
    Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    haven't tested this bike but on others I can usually get another 2" with a solid block of wood under the centerstand for tire work.
    No need for a block of wood on the NC. The tires can be removed easily without doing that. I wouldn't take both off at one time while on the center stand but you can and I have. Just not real safe unless you have ratchet strapped the center stand in a way it cannot collapse.

Senior Member Center stand
    Center stand
    Bike: 2013 NC700x/w DCT
    The vast majority of the NC700S centerstands priced under $150, I found on Ebay were Made in China and I've had less than good luck buying stuff from that country. And sometimes the item ordered never arrives!

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtFlier View Post
    The vast majority of the NC700S centerstands priced under $150, I found on Ebay were Made in China and I've had less than good luck buying stuff from that country. And sometimes the item ordered never arrives!
    Webike is in Japan. I believe that their centerstands are OEM. I have two and both were good quality.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantChuck View Post
    No need for a block of wood on the NC. The tires can be removed easily without doing that. I wouldn't take both off at one time while on the center stand but you can and I have. Just not real safe unless you have ratchet strapped the center stand in a way it cannot collapse.
    Thanks. I see that now as (try) I put on a new "one size fits all" silencer . If bike needs both tires off or susp work I have the regular shop stand and 4 tie downs that can hang off some load bearing hooks. guess I'm used to my dual purpose and dirt bikes. couldn't get the tires off my last (ktm) unless it was on the stand and the stand was on top of a 4" thick pallet.