Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box?

Super Moderator how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpEye View Post
    thanks a lot for all this information. I was expecting a little easier process... Not sure if I want to take all these plastics off of the bike but who knows, I may give it a try soon. Gotta get the equipment together.
    what kind of tools I should have with me just in case?
    If photos and videos are your thing, there is some useful plastics removal information in this thread: Pictorial for removing panels

To remove the left side plastics, you would only need a cross-point screwdriver and a hex wrench, but the task requires patience, organization, and close attention to detail, especially if you want to reassemble it correctly. If you need help operating the plastic body clips, consult your owner's manual.

You can also buy the Honda service manual to walk you through the body panel removal. I have absolutely no patience for the typical poorly made drawn out youtube videos, so I prefer illustrations. In the absence of a service manual, consult the directions for installing the accessory harness, which illustrates plastics removal here: https://cssportal.css-club.net/honda...95123_3291.pdf
    Last edited by 670cc; 4th March 2019 at 09:01.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2015 NC700XD
    Thanks a lot for this! Will definitely check it out.
    how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box?how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box?
    Last edited by SharpEye; 4th March 2019 at 10:24.
    IG: cyclesarp

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Thanks, I too am looking to relocate my power accessories to key/on key/off power. Appreciate the helpful tips and links!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    When I was asking questions about wiring up my auxiliary lights others on the forum pointed out the vehicles of keyed on/off power, the best example for me was someone walking by could turn on your lights, or you could forget to turn them off if they had power all the time.

But for the power accessories inside my frunk (led light, cigarette outlet and dual USB outlets) I chose to have those powered all the time. I use the led inside my frunk almost exclusively when my motorcycle is off, as for the others I like the option to charge stuff when I stop for a break

Bike: '14 NC700X
    To add to the conversation I'm adding fog lights for the first time. After reading this I ordered the sub harness, do I need the relay set too? Also, anyone know the name of the connector on the sub harness? I need to grab a few to hook up the light harness and my heated grips.

Super Moderator how to connect auxiliary light to fuse box? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mblue240 View Post
    To add to the conversation I'm adding fog lights for the first time. After reading this I ordered the sub harness, do I need the relay set too? Also, anyone know the name of the connector on the sub harness? I need to grab a few to hook up the light harness and my heated grips.
    You do need to order the Honda relay set to go along with the harness. Honda likes to require multiple items be purchased to achieve one function, as if to hide the true cost. As for the connectors, here is a thread with connector info. I have bought and used the mentioned connectors, but I don’t know if they’re still available from that source. Corresponding connectors
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250