Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared

Bike: X-Adventure, Triumph Explorer 1200, 1989 Honda Dominator
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinfree.00 View Post
    If it was 670cc's post the injectors didn't fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Not sure who it was but the issue was fixed with replacement injectors. He came back to report this.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Super Moderator Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    The first thing I would check is the air filter.

However there is a thread somewhere on here where someone was experiencing excessive vibration. There was a post on that thread just a couple of days ago. Have a search. The solution to the OP's problem was poorly functioning injectors. He replaced them and problem solved.
    You’re probably referring to this thread: Vibration at 55 (or other high gear load) SOLVED!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Senior Member Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Maybe a shot of injector cleaner would be a good thing to test.

Bike: NC700X
    Guys, thanks for your suggestions! I'll try them out, as soon as I have more time...

I've started up the bike and ridden it a little, to test it out. While I was reading about other guys with vibration problems on this forum, I read a pretty good description for a weird sound I hear as well - a clicking noise as if I am riding near a concrete barrie, and hear an echo...

I have also gotten a more detailed feel of the vibrations - they are in the front part of the bike, and go in a sideways, left-right direction... as if the engine or a part of it is dislodged and it shakes sideways as a result of its work....

Senior Member Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Quote Originally Posted by VersusAllOdds View Post
    Guys, thanks for your suggestions! I'll try them out, as soon as I have more time...

I've started up the bike and ridden it a little, to test it out. While I was reading about other guys with vibration problems on this forum, I read a pretty good description for a weird sound I hear as well - a clicking noise as if I am riding near a concrete barrie, and hear an echo...

I have also gotten a more detailed feel of the vibrations - they are in the front part of the bike, and go in a sideways, left-right direction... as if the engine or a part of it is dislodged and it shakes sideways as a result of its work....
    How many miles/Kilometers on the chain? The clicking noise could be caused by kinks in the chain going thru the front drive sprocket (there is a tab on the inside of the front drive sprocket cover which the chain sometimes hit when there are kinks in the chain). Even if no kinks, the chain may need to be replaced...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's not so much noise at is a physical vibration... also, the vibration is felt during idling in neutral, maybe even more than during movement.

Therefore, I'd completely exclude the chain.

Also, the links and sprocket look like they are in a pretty good shape.

Took it to the dealer, he immediately recognized the noise as something being wrong with the valve clearances... the mechanic and his supervisor were both baffled that such a thing happened to this bike...in fact it surprised them so much that they didn't trust me until i started it up!

I guess it speaks of both how reliable NC700 is and how unlucky I am...

Any of you guys have a clue how big/small problem this can be?

Super Moderator Incredibly annoying buzzing, high-frequency vibration recently appeared 670cc's Avatar
    Took it to the dealer, he immediately recognized the noise as something being wrong with the valve clearances... the mechanic and his supervisor were both baffled that such a thing happened to this bike...in fact it surprised them so much that they didn't trust me until i started it up!

So the noise was recognized as a valve clearance problem. Did they proceed to adjust the valve clearances, and was the problem resolved?

Valve clearances don’t just abruptly change in a short time unless an adjustment screw or nut was left loose, or something broke. Or, there was grit in the oil or a lack of oil that caused extreme rapid wear, in which case the engine is probably destroyed anyway.

Please let us know now the outcome of the dealer visit.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

So the noise was recognized as a valve clearance problem. Did they proceed to adjust the valve clearances, and was the problem resolved?

Valve clearances donít just abruptly change in a short time unless an adjustment screw or nut was left loose, or something broke. Or, there was grit in the oil or a lack of oil that caused extreme rapid wear, in which case the engine is probably destroyed anyway.

Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post

Valve clearances don’t just abruptly change in a short time unless an adjustment screw or nut was left loose, or something broke. Or, there was grit in the oil or a lack of oil that caused extreme rapid wear, in which case the engine is probably destroyed anyway.

I left the bike - they are first going to diagnose it, and then call me with the results. That will happen on Saturday, so I will keep you posted.

I cannot believe that this bike had its engine suddenly destroyed... as previously stated, checking oil level was one of the first things I did, and it was at an ample level. For what it's worth, while I was riding it to the dealer, the engine was perfectly capable, except for the uncomfortable vibes.