Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Riding Solo to the top of the world

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X

Riding Solo to the top of the world

When I was at the Horizons Unlimited Meet last month I kept thinking about this movie I had watched a few years back.
    It's called Riding solo to the top of the world.

I found this newspaper clipping from back in 2006 or 2007 and thought I'd post it so you can get a little bit of a feel of what this guy accomplished on his own.

Riding Solo to the top of the world-rstttotw-jpg

You can watch this on Vimeo and probably a few other places. The DVD is for sale still on the publisher's website
    DVD of One Crazy Ride, Riding Solo To The Top Of The World - Dirt Track Productions

I have been searching for my copy... I want to watch it again... it's quite a movie!
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post
    When I was at the Horizons Unlimited Meet last month I kept thinking about this movie I had watched a few years back.

I found this newspaper clipping from back in 2006 or 2007 and thought I'd post it so you can get a little bit of a feel of what this guy accomplished on his own.

You can watch this on Vimeo and probably a few other places. The DVD is for sale still on the publisher's website
    DVD of One Crazy Ride, Riding Solo To The Top Of The World - Dirt Track Productions

I have been searching for my copy... I want to watch it again... it's quite a movie!
    Riding Solo to the top of the world-3-jpg

Thanks for the information about a great adventure. I will get mine ordered in the morning.

Riding Solo to the top of the world-smileyworld-jpg

Riding Solo to the top of the world-00-jpg
    Last edited by Old Can Ride; 31st March 2014 at 06:14.

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
    Thanks for the information about a great adventure. I will get mine ordered in the morning.
    Come to think of it, the two of you could probably be brothers from a different mother... LOL
    I could see you doing the same thing..... you just want to ride and ride and ride....
    Riding Solo to the top of the world-smileythumbsup-jpg
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

Commuter Extraordinaire Riding Solo to the top of the world
    Bike: NC700X
    This reminds me of a series I have watched on Hulu called "Long Way Around". I don't have cable so I have a tendancy to watch odd things. This just happens to be about a couple guys on BMW Adventure bikes taking a very long trip. One of the guys is pretty well known actor. I pay for Hulu but they might be accessed through the free version too.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantChuck View Post
    This reminds me of a series I have watched on Hulu called "Long Way Around". I don't have cable so I have a tendancy to watch odd things. This just happens to be about a couple guys on BMW Adventure bikes taking a very long trip. One of the guys is pretty well known actor. I pay for Hulu but they might be accessed through the free version too.
    The Long Way Down is also available on Hulu Plus. Same riders going from Scotland to South Africa.

Senior Member Riding Solo to the top of the world

Bike: 13NC700X, 02GL1800,04DL650 (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post

Riding Solo to the top of the world-rstttotw-jpg

Thanks for reminding me that I had this on dvd. I saw it in one of the Mags or HU and got two of them but going back to day and seeing it again stirred the same emotions again. Just sorry Im so old and pharmacy bound as not to be able to do it myself and be touched as he was by the simplicity of life and the appreciation of what I have in abundance. I recommend it also for the spirit it brings and the appreciation you will have for what you have. It also makes me appreciate the 700X that will allow me to at least find the corners of America as he found the corners of India and maybe the more simple and free people of America.