Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ride on AMC

Bike: NC700X

Ride on AMC

I caught Ride on AMC this past Sunday, pretty cool show with different road trip each week. Good to see a motorcycle show on TV.

Ride on AMC-ride-jpg

Ride with Norman Reedus – AMC

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I watched the Texas one. It was fun.

Bike: NC700X
    Then Came Bronson !

Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Bike: Honda
    That video is awesome. Never heard of that show. I was riding in the 80's when there was not a helmet law in California and I am guilty of riding without my helmet whenever I was just cruising my neighborhood. I used to ride with a bathing suit and a tank top with no helmet. That was really stupid but I was only 16 and the only thing I could afford was the bike and some old BMX helmet. People rode and drove a lot slower back then with the 55 mph max speed limit.

Bike: 2014 NC700X Suzuki Burgman 400 Kawasaki W650

The Traveling Biker

Anyone remember the TV show from the early 90's that had a father and his teenage son traveling from town to town on his Harley Heritage Softail? They would remain in the town for a period of time and then move on to another. It was sort of like Route 66 without the Corvette. The main character has since died and I can't remember his name. I would like to find it on the net but can't recall the title or actor!

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X
    Isn't there an Adventure bike show that just started on one of these smaller channels? I know it was supposed to start in the last month.. but I can't remember what it was called or what it was going to be on?

Ride is OK... It's just not making me look forward that much to seeing the next episode. I think it's trying to maintain that "Biker" feel instead of the LOVE and passion of riding. There is a little of that in it, but they seem to be concerned about how they look more than the riding sometimes.

***Edit*** Ok, I found it.. it's on the Travel channel called African Motorcycle Diaries. This looks like a real life motorcycle riding show not bent toward a "BIker" image like most others.
    Here is a link to the web page
    Spencer Conway - African Motorcycle Diaries

African motorcycle adventure on TV - Motorbike Writer
    Last edited by netizen; 11th July 2016 at 21:05.
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750