• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fast Charger for Electric Bikes and Cars

Stop at a refueling station with a 30% charge, go pee and get back on the bike at 90%?

DigiNow Zero Super Charger

I checked it out. The cost of the unit is nearly $3,000. Besides I have the Power Tank ($2,500), so I will not have a place to put this unit on my bike.

Another concern is that not every place you go will have a 240 VAC 50A service plug available for you to use while you are in the restroom. At best you might be able to find a 120 VAC plug that might be active and you will have to stay there for 4 or more hours to get fully charged. Another option is EV Charging Stations, however many can provide 240 VAC @ 16A (3,840 Watts) while some other can provide up to 30A (7,200 Watts).

Nexternal%20Images_AV_Gallery%20Main_263x5673.jpg

It would be best to have one of these installed in your home than to rely on the public to provide you access to these.

I do appreciate the information though... :)

The Power Tank extra battery cost alone is 72,093 miles of riding at my current mpg. Even on my less efficient ST1300 it is 51,163 miles. How does owning one of these electric bikes make any economic sense at all?

The Power Tank extra battery cost alone is 72,093 miles of riding at my current mpg. Even on my less efficient ST1300 it is 51,163 miles. How does owning one of these electric bikes make any economic sense at all?

Why would someone purchase a Telsa Roadster or Bugatti Veyron?

Well, everyone has their reasons to purchasing what they do. Who said that every discussion has to make financial sense? Just do not be reckless... :eek:

For me, my employer is paying for half of my trip and my Solar Electric System is paying for the other half. My household monthly fuel cost has dropped significantly.

I will not have to pay for regular maintenance on Sparky, just tires and brake pads.

I would suggest to anyone out there to take advantage of any Demo Ride of any Electric Motorcycle Currently out on the market. I can tell you first hand it will be an "Eye Opening" experience and you will not regret trying it.

I know that Zero Motorcycle does have a traveling Demo Ride Team and visits many cities across the country. Most local dealerships will allow you to do a Demo Ride when scheduled directly with them or through the Zero Motorcycles website, Zero Motorcycle Demo Rides.

I would recommend that you try out the SR in "SPORT" mode to get the full effect. The "SR" is their Flagship model.

I feel that I have to pull out the "Double Dog Dare" on this one to have you all tried it first hand.

FYI... Zero Motorcycles in Orlando, FL at the Orange County Convention Center, 10-12-15 to 10-18-15. Zero Demo Rides at AIMEXPO 2015.

I would suggest to anyone out there to take advantage of any Demo Ride of any Electric Motorcycle Currently out on the market. I can tell you first hand it will be an "Eye Opening" experience and you will not regret trying it.

I know that Zero Motorcycle does have a traveling Demo Ride Team and visits many cities across the country. Most local dealerships will allow you to do a Demo Ride when scheduled directly with them or through the Zero Motorcycles website, Zero Motorcycle Demo Rides.

I would recommend that you try out the SR in "SPORT" mode to get the full effect. The "SR" is their Flagship model.

I feel that I have to pull out the "Double Dog Dare" on this one to have you all tried it first hand.

FYI... Zero Motorcycles in Orlando, FL at the Orange County Convention Center, 10-12-15 to 10-18-15. Zero Demo Rides at AIMEXPO 2015.

Thanks for the link. I just filled out my contact info and two minutes later I got a call from someone named Jonathan at Zero Motorcycles. There is one dealership that has a demo bike available within 125 miles of me and that bike is in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The closest US dealer to me is in Northampton, NH who has already sold their last Zero. I guess I'll have to wait until spring.

not only for motorcycle. but if any of you have driven an electric car... it is they way we should have gone as a country, can you imagine what electric car would be today of we invested the some amount of time and money we did with combustion engines?

It was purchased as a WANT not as a NEED! Americans are noted for buying things they WANT not NEED!
Can you put a price on your hobby or interest? It's called buying fun and entertainment.

I will try one if I get an opportunity close by or at Bike Week. I expect to enjoy the ride. As for purchase I can't afford 2 bikes and like to travel so they are still a long way from making what would work for me.

It was purchased as a WANT not as a NEED! Americans are noted for buying things they WANT not NEED!
Can you put a price on your hobby or interest? It's called buying fun and entertainment.
I suppose you are right. I had one sailboat or the other for 40 years. I knew not to add up the receipts.

Back