• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda 3 wheel concept

wickerman

Reaction score
Visit site
HONDA TOKYO MOTO SHOW CONCEPTS
WING.jpg

NEOWING: NEOWING is an unprecedented three-wheeled vehicle that offers the cornering feel and sporty ride equivalent to a large-sized motorcycle while realizing excellent stability in low-speed ranges. This vehicle is equipped with a hybrid system that combines a horizontally-opposed 4-cylinder engine and electric motors to generate plentiful torque for powerful acceleration. With the adoption of an original Honda linkage mechanism on its front wheel, this concept model proposes new values with advanced styling that emphasizes the mechanical fascination of a two-wheeled motorcycle model.

Honda Worldwide | September 30, 2015 "Honda Announces Overview of Exhibit for the 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015- Exhibiting Original Honda Mobility Products Under the Concept of ?The Power of Dreams? -"

Was not sure if I had these posted. This Gold Wing was at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayettville, AR last weekend. It's made by Hannigan.

If you can't lean it, you don't mean it... but.. but.. this looks like it CAN lean, and it looks awesome

That opposed 4 engine would be sweet in any mid sized bike.

This is a much better direction for Honda to go than things like the CTX1300 and the NM4. I haven't been too happy with Honda's latest new offerings, but this leaning trike could be the ticket.

As for the wide front end GL1800 in the earlier thread, yeah, I've seen them. I road a Hannigan quad version of this the last to times I went to Wing Ding. The quad was a better ride than the trike since its a two track vehicle instead of a three track. Three tracks make for a jiggly ride and it's pretty hard to swerve around a pothole. But alas, neither of them lean, so I'll never want them.

Last edited:
AWESOME! I saw this thing the other day online and figured there'd be a thread here.

Anyone have thoughts on the hybrid drive? If it gives NC like mileage I'm all for it. Although it will probably be expensive.

Another page I was on had a comment complaining that a flat 4 has the crank pointing the wrong way for a MC. I'm not so sure. In a hybrid drive the engine could just be driving a generator directly, and the shaft drive to the wheel would be driven by an electric motor. The almost tricky bit being making the generator and the motor be the same component and allow the engine to pass it's power through directly to the shaft. All without having a gear shift. All the pics I've seen are of the rt side so no idea is there is or isn't a gear shift. There are images out there showing the "left" side but they are just mirror images of the rt unless it has 2 shaft drives and 2 rear calipers ;)

So no gears, a small battery is used to power the motor in conjunction with the engine when it needs a boost. Maybe? or something?

Anyone else care to speculate?

I'm hoping we find out more during the Tokyo Motor Show on 10/29/15.

P.S. I thought Harley held the patent on tadpole (that's what they're called folks when it's two in the front. Source: I had a tadpole pedal tricycle) leaning motorcycle trikes? Or does that patent not apply because this is not a V-twin which is what the patent depicted? or because it's a hybrid? I'm pretty stoked for this. Not saying I'm getting one, but I want one.

Last edited:
That reminds me of an angry spider. And no, I don't mean Spyder. This looks way cooler. I think it would be awesome.

I once drove a hybrid bus. Its diesel engine powered a generator which powered an electric motor which turned the wheels. It was a total pig. I can't imagine anyone would ever want a motorcycle like that. Surely they will use that beautiful 4-cylinder to turn the wheels and an electric motor to give a little extra oomph and some better fuel economy.

Hmm...What do you think Honda should name a creature like that?

Another page I was on had a comment complaining that a flat 4 has the crank pointing the wrong way for a MC.

Honda has been doing it that way for decades: CX500, Goldwings, ST1100/1300.
If that's the wrong way, someone should tell Honda, and BMW, and Moto Guzzi, and....
[emoji1]

That reminds me of an angry spider. And no, I don't mean Spyder. This looks way cooler. I think it would be awesome.

I once drove a hybrid bus. Its diesel engine powered a generator which powered an electric motor which turned the wheels. It was a total pig. I can't imagine anyone would ever want a motorcycle like that. Surely they will use that beautiful 4-cylinder to turn the wheels and an electric motor to give a little extra oomph and some better fuel economy.

Hmm...What do you think Honda should name a creature like that?
Well most of Honda's bikes are just numbers and letters so lets go with TC1200H or whatever size the engine is. T for trike. C for concept like the C in NC. And H for hybrid.

Last edited:
I told Mrs. Beemer if I ever come home on a three-wheeler she has my permission to shoot me off of it.

No way would I ever tell my wife that. I live in Texas, my wife shots expert, and she can blow my entire body off the bike with her 45. With her bad eyes, no need to give her any ideas.

Last edited:
Back