• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thermo regulating vest and device

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
CTC-100 Main Unit | Core Temperature Control

Has anyone seen or heard about this kind of thing?

Basically from what I can gather with a quick perusal, is it consists of a spandex-like vest similar to a regular electrically heated vest, that has a long flexible continuous tube sewn in a zig zag pattern around it. This tube is filled with some kind of heat transfer favourable fluid medium, with is circulated through a powered electric pump heat exchanger, mounted to the bike.

Apparently one can choose between the device acting as a heater or a cooler, with a temperature control on the handlebars (or I guess wherever else was wanted)

Fascinating. Kind of expensive though!

I believe this was the device used by several IBR riders this year. If so, I think I remember comments about the fan blades breaking and the unit not being sufficiently waterproofed. (I just tried to go through someone's FB timeline to find the posts about it, but I gave up...you could try PMing Hammy - not sure how much he is on the forum)

I've heard of clothing like that, NASA uses it for space suits.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Cooling_and_Ventilation_Garment

I'd guess the heating/cooling unit is a thermoelectric peltier. In the most basic sense, it's a flat panel you apply electrical current to, one side gets hot one side gets cold, reverse the current and you reverse which side is hot and which is cool.

Put a heatsink/fan on one side and a water block on the other... pump the water into the water block and away you go.

Bet this could be hacked together for a much lower price with some old computer components and a benchtop thread injector.

I bought this cooling vest on sale at Cycle Gear for $33.00. It works great! - from gas fill up to gas fill up. You have to re-wet the vest at every gas stop. Kept me cool from Texas to Sturgis. It was unreal heat the week of Sturgis, and this vest saved the day.

[video=youtube;qoGTHB-jiUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=qoGTHB-jiUc[/video]

Last edited:
Back