• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Smoky Mountain 500

I checked the Facebook site and there are a couple of hairy sections on video. Still, I think some of it is very doable on an NC. I've got new PR4's on the bike now and I might have to wait awhile before changing those out for some DR tires.

Says you can do with big bikes.....with skillz....that leaves me out :rolleyes:

I will acquire skills as time goes on. I'm good with gravel but still tentative even on that. I've only turned the traction control off twice since I've had the bike.

Doing part of it next week. suches to Ironhorse CG
Can't pass up this route since I'm heading out to KickStand Lodge in Stecoah, NC

Take time for pictures and write up a full report!

Well, KSL Meetup is over and my riding plans were not carried out as intended, but still had fun.
The short section of the SM500 I managed to ride were some of the gravel roads connecting Dillard, GA and Macedonia (south of Hiawassee, GA)
Only took one photo:
IMG_20160522_090305535.jpg

Shortest ride report ever! I'm guilty of not taking pictures when I should, also.
When riding, you just want to ride!

I"ve ridden most of those roads, not all at the same time, and on a NC. Love the run from Tellico Plains back to the Cherohala. You also have Parson's Branch leaving Cades Cove in the Park and comes out on US129 as well as Rich Mtn. from Cades Cove to Gatlinburg.

Shortest ride report ever! I'm guilty of not taking pictures when I should, also.
When riding, you just want to ride!

Agree. My post was not intended as a RR.
Just wanted to post up a little teaser for y'all.

Still on my radar.

Back