• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Subscription function

rjcrtc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been a member since Jan. Today is the first time that I have seen anything mentioned about using subscriptions to follow a thread. I have been creating my own notebook by cutting and pasting all the valuable information that I might use at a later date. Are there any other tips that users have regarding this site? I guess I just haven't explored the workings of the forum, as I have spent most of my time getting lost in all the great information about our bike. I have discovered that the search function is not very useful.

I have discovered that the search function is not very useful.

What method are you using with search?

Are you just entering your word/s in the initial pop up window, or are you going into the advanced selection?

It is a huge difference if I go into advanced, and then select from the varied options. Just changing the Show Results As "threads" to "posts" makes it a lot easier for me, anyway. Also, if you want a three letter search, but that ends up giving the dreaded: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search" then go down to the bottom of the page and look in the Search Tag Cloud. A lot of the times the most searched or common three letter abbreviations or words are in there. :)

Back