• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pictures?

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
down loaded the new windows 10 version and for some reason I cannot load up pictures from my camera.
some things no longer work since I installed this new version .
I will have ask my older son to sort it.
I was considering getting one of those go pro camera but declined due to me being a bit short in the grey matter.
I can't even load my videos from our hols onto the computer.
my son showed me several times but each time I go to load I forget(about a year later)
I even wrote it down and when I go to read it wtf but I knew when I wrote.
doh.gif
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Im downloading windows 10 as we speak. Let me know the solution for the picture loading. I did have a problem similar with my Sony camera using windows 7 and had to remove the memory card from the camera and insert it into my laptop. Give it a shot.

Sounds like a driver issue. Go to the manufactures site for your camera and see if they have updated drivers for Widows 10. This has happened to me over the years as Windows changes versions. And peripheral devices are what usually have the problems but software will be affected too.

I love the new Windows 10. Coming from 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2 to 10 was night and day, and it feels faster. Tasks are done quicker and the touch screen and functions are much better and more responsive.

I have been able to pull the photos and video from my gopro and Sena 10c without issue. As for the rest, I use my iPhone (5S) for most of my photo needs - hard to justify the weight and hassle of a full rig anymore - and it syncs up with iCloud so those photos are on every device (including the Windows machine via the iCloud install).

If you are waiting, I think you are making a mistake. 10 is much better and more fleshed out than 8 or 8.1 could ever be. And in doing the upgrade, it was one of the easiest I have done in the Windows environment. Almost as easy as an OSX upgrade on my Macs.

Definately get a memory card reader (if you computer doesn't have one built in). Transfers of your photos will be much faster and you don't have to worry about plugging in the camera and gettting the right drivers installed since most memory card readers use built in Windows drivers.

Card readers are key. I have one for when I have to copy from multiple cards (longer trips and such). For spot-checking videos and such, I use the following in my iPad.
Left to Right: Memory Card, SD Card Adapter, Apple Camera Adapter, Standard Sync Cable to Lightening Cable Adapter.

IMG_0011-e1439299552457.jpg

I'm just tired of NEW! NEW! NEW! being rammed down my throat. :(

Just about at the point where I'm starting to get the hang of doing some tasks without constant hassle and trying to remember how this version differs from that version, that is tweaked from that other version, NEW! version 10.x comes out that is different yet again, and I have to relearn every damned thing. :mad:

If the makers of these frelling "look at how awesome our NEW! version is" people were really doing such a great job of it, they A: wouldn't need to keep reissuing them over and over and over again, B: should be able to make the stupid things work better behind the scenes, yet leave the user interface alone, or at least familiar, at not all wonky and: "oh, the button used to be on the left, now it's on the right. We didn't like it when we moved it to the middle, and our lower left button change, well that was a real disaster." or C: deliberately planned obsolescence for the sake of profit driven megacorporations, where billions and billions of dollars isn't enough, is constantly in the back of my mind, irritating the hell out of me. :rolleyes:

:harrumph: lol

Actually, Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows users (will be a free upgrade for the next year); even users with pirated copies of Windows. Windows 10 is really not that different from Windows 8, things work the same as Windows 8, they just combined the app tile mode and the desktop mode into one mode (tile mode in Windows 10 is in the programs list-or what we would consider the programs list). I had been using Windows 8 for about 2.5 years and I do everything in Windows 10 the same as I did with Win 8. Per Microsoft, Windows 10 will be the last literation of Windows-everything from now on will be upgrades/additions to Windows 10.

down loaded the new windows 10 version and for some reason I cannot load up pictures from my camera.
some things no longer work since I installed this new version .
I will have ask my older son to sort it.
I was considering getting one of those go pro camera but declined due to me being a bit short in the grey matter.
I can't even load my videos from our hols onto the computer.
my son showed me several times but each time I go to load I forget(about a year later)
I even wrote it down and when I go to read it wtf but I knew when I wrote.
doh.gif
whistle.gif

I am sliding down that slope myself. cryin.gif

I'm just tired of NEW! NEW! NEW! being rammed down my throat. :(

Just about at the point where I'm starting to get the hang of doing some tasks without constant hassle and trying to remember how this version differs from that version, that is tweaked from that other version, NEW! version 10.x comes out that is different yet again, and I have to relearn every damned thing. :mad:

If the makers of these frelling "look at how awesome our NEW! version is" people were really doing such a great job of it, they A: wouldn't need to keep reissuing them over and over and over again, B: should be able to make the stupid things work better behind the scenes, yet leave the user interface alone, or at least familiar, at not all wonky and: "oh, the button used to be on the left, now it's on the right. We didn't like it when we moved it to the middle, and our lower left button change, well that was a real disaster." or C: deliberately planned obsolescence for the sake of profit driven megacorporations, where billions and billions of dollars isn't enough, is constantly in the back of my mind, irritating the hell out of me. :rolleyes:

:harrumph: lol

I am with you on that!

I am also using windows 7. I learned a long time ago to skip every other Windows version. After 10 is used for a while I may get it.
Putting video from an iphone to this site is out of my ability. Pics are hard enough.

Back