• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Loud Horn

barrett50

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Came across the following bicycle horn, claims 140 db off 2 AAA batteries. I'd prefer one to be wired into our 12v system. Perhaps an electrical wizard could figure out a workaround.

Home page

Came across the following bicycle horn, claims 140 db off 2 AAA batteries. I'd prefer one to be wired into our 12v system. Perhaps an electrical wizard could figure out a workaround.

Home page

2 AAA batteries run 3v, to hook it up to a 12v system buy 4 and wire them in series, point one in each direction.

A good loud 12 volt horn pulls about 4 amps. That's around 50 watts. You're not getting anywhere near that out of AAA batteries. 140dB sounds like a false claim.

i read several reviews. None of them actually tested the decibels. All of them said it was LOUD. Most said the downsides are it isn't a real horn sound so it doesn't register as such and it is directional.

After reading reviews, I think I would rather have a real (aftermarket) horn for a motorcycle. The Hornit is a great for a bicycle IMO.

Back