• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Foot Pegs

Dannodog

Reaction score
dannodog.blogspot.com
Ok, so blame it on the "New Guy" reasoning, but are Foot Pegs universal? It would seem to me that Foot Pegs should be the same across the board. Is this right or will I have to buy Honda pegs?

The reason I ask is that the stock pegs have that little flip up on the end and it is too short of a peg for the sole of my boot which it either puts pressure on the outer ball of my foot or it cants my foot inwards toward the bike just enough where riding for an hour or more make my foot and/or ankle uncomfortable. (maybe you wouldn't think so but the smallest things can sometimes be annoying as time goes on...)

Thanks in advance for the info!

No. They are not universal. But Honda pegs should fit each other.

I got the SW Motech footpegs (its the only ready stock in my local shop), the model no. says CB1300, SW Motech service rep says it wouldnt fit, but it fitted perfectly in the end.

The key difference in the fitting would be the pin circumference and length..

I was at the Honda shop today and talked to a service manager. He told me the ST1300 pegs and the Goldwing pegs should both fit on our bikes FWIW.

Just tried my Goldwing pegs for giggles. I'd say yes and no. The pegs will certainly fit with some minor grinding/filing on the peg stops (on the pegs themselves). Also the springs on the NCX would need to be reversed (left peg spring put on right peg and right peg spring put on left peg). I see neither of this as a big issue. The problem is that the extra width closes the gap on the shifter. Tiny, and I mean tiny, feet might be able to dig in under the shifter to shift, but I think most folks would have real trouble with it. Now for the DCT folks, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Here a pic:

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture1199-peg.jpg

I didn't drive the peg pin all the way in because I think I would have needed to do a little filing on the foot peg itself to make it slide in easy.

WGW

I'd rather go for something like this, personally. But at $160.00 bucks, I think I'll pass. I would rather buy some used DR350 pegs or something (whatever I determined would be the least work to fit) and modify them myself.

Brilliant!!! Once again the forum has helped me spend time with my bike in the garage. I have wanted wider foot pegs from day one but like L.B.S. said, I could not see spending that kind of money. I left this thread and headed to eBay to see what I could find. Is was then that I remembered the wide pegs that I had purchased several years back for my super moto CT70 project. I got the widest foot pegs I could find and never used them. Long story short, after a little strategic grinding, they are on and they are sweet. Feel way more in contact with the bike. My feet are no longer perched there like a Parrot. Here are some pics.IMAG0072.jpgIMAG0073.jpg

I got them from a CT70 mini trail store online. The site is : Trail Buddy Inc. - Home They were part number TB075. I did not see them listed right now but I saw a page that said they were in stock. BE ADVISED, I did grind them so they would fit, in the space, and also the spring is not able to be used. I made mine fit tight so they do not rattle, and if the bike is moving my feet are on them anyway. Plus I don't really care. Also, they look nice, but I would not trust them with any big hits, they are aluminum and I have thinned them. I don't stand much anyway. They might be okay for the Dakar or they might break the first time I stand up. Just don't want you guys to get them and be mad at me. Paid $60 US for them, that was back in '09

Brilliant!!! Once again the forum has helped me spend time with my bike in the garage. I have wanted wider foot pegs from day one but like L.B.S. said, I could not see spending that kind of money. I left this thread and headed to eBay to see what I could find. Is was then that I remembered the wide pegs that I had purchased several years back for my super moto CT70 project. I got the widest foot pegs I could find and never used them. Long story short, after a little strategic grinding, they are on and they are sweet. Feel way more in contact with the bike. My feet are no longer perched there like a Parrot. Here are some pics.View attachment 1201View attachment 1202

Oooh, shiny!!!! And pretty neat-looking. Nice work Bamo.
Now, surely I'm not the only one who wants to see the 'parrot perch' :)

Ok, so blame it on the "New Guy" reasoning, but are Foot Pegs universal? It would seem to me that Foot Pegs should be the same across the board. Is this right or will I have to buy Honda pegs?

The reason I ask is that the stock pegs have that little flip up on the end and it is too short of a peg for the sole of my boot which it either puts pressure on the outer ball of my foot or it cants my foot inwards toward the bike just enough where riding for an hour or more make my foot and/or ankle uncomfortable. (maybe you wouldn't think so but the smallest things can sometimes be annoying as time goes on...)

Thanks in advance for the info!

You can file or grind off the nub at the end of the pegs, they annoy me also but they haven't bothered me yet until I read this post....

If I get an NC700x I am going to put either pegs of floor boards up front - like on a Goldwing. I am spoiled by my Silverwing scooter - I can dance on the floor boards going from bent knees to full forward stretch and everything in between.

I haven't tried them yet but I put KLR650 pegs on my Vstrom and if I remember right they mounted about the same way as our X's.
They are cheap on Ebay ( about $20) So I'm gonna try some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What pegs are those?

I'd rather go for something like this, personally. But at $160.00 bucks, I think I'll pass. I would rather buy some used DR350 pegs or something (whatever I determined would be the least work to fit) and modify them myself.

What pegs do you have in the picture and where, please, does one find them?

I am pretty sure those are the SWMotech pegs. I have a set that have been sitting in a box all winter. I was looking at them today thinking about putting them on but I am not sure how to get the OEM pegs off. I see there is some kind of ring/clip that looks like it needs to be removed but I'm not quite sure how. As I've gotten further into my 40's I've found it hard to see small parts.

I am pretty sure those are the SWMotech pegs. I have a set that have been sitting in a box all winter. I was looking at them today thinking about putting them on but I am not sure how to get the OEM pegs off. I see there is some kind of ring/clip that looks like it needs to be removed but I'm not quite sure how. As I've gotten further into my 40's I've found it hard to see small parts.

Its just a cotter pin with a washer. Straighten out the cotter pin, pull it, and lift out the axle pin. Its a 5 minute job to replace both footpegs.

Back