• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750x and v-strom 650 XT qualitywise

W

wildeone

I took a close look at suzuki v-strom 650 xt and I have to tell
suzuki seems to me better and more complete built then my honda. Almost same price
but you get rear luggage rack, kinda hugger in rear, analog/digital display, wide footpegs,
rubber on both pillion and rider. The seat is very wide and comfortable also for both.
You got of course also spoked wheels and dual front brakes rotor, better ground clearance, better plastics etc.
Overall it built pretty damn solid. Honda is cutting corners IMO.
Very tempting I must say, the only problem v-strom looks ugly to me :(
I will be test riding v-strom tomorrow I hope.

Let us know what you think after the ride.

The Vstrom is quite a bit taller than the NC as well. My wife couldn't even get it off the kickstand. For ME, I'd take the new Vstrom over the NC in a heartbeat. But for my wife, the NC seems to be the perfect bike, and no DCT option on the strom.

The Strom is a great bike. I picked the NCX over it because of lower COG and valve service among other things.
Hard to go wrong with either though. Ride what ya like!

The Strom is a great bike. I picked the NCX over it because of lower COG and valve service among other things.
Hard to go wrong with either though. Ride what ya like!

yeah, center of gravity and torque are features where ncx wins.
68 Nm @ 4750 rpm ncx and 63.7 Nm @ 6400rpm v-strom that is big difference
and great benefit off-road for ncx. Very similar to F800GS torque specs: 80 Nm @ 5750 rpm

p.s.
valve service is different on these bikes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fact the NC's head is easier to get at. Drop the radiator and its right there. Quick and easy compared to the strom. I think the strom has longer intervals though.

Wee strom felt top-heavy to me.

I'd read many positive comments about the bike and so was expecting to like it. Felt downright "tippy" to me.

The Wee was more what I wanted when I first started looking at getting rid of my Burgman.
I got the used NC (2,500 miles) for about $2,500 less than last years' new Wee-strom.
So, it came down to bottom dollar for me. I like the NC but have a much more ergonomic bike (Super Tenere) for me now (still have the NC). I don't think I'll go back to less than a liter bike so it would be the V-strom or the Honda CRF1000L if anything other than my Tenere which is a 1200cc.
A full view of the 2016 Honda Africa Twin - Common Tread - RevZilla

The Wee was more what I wanted when I first started looking at getting rid of my Burgman.
I got the used NC (2,500 miles) for about $2,500 less than last years' new Wee-strom.
So, it came down to bottom dollar for me. I like the NC but have a much more ergonomic bike (Super Tenere) for me now (still have the NC). I don't think I'll go back to less than a liter bike so it would be the V-strom or the Honda CRF1000L if anything other than my Tenere which is a 1200cc.
A full view of the 2016 Honda Africa Twin - Common Tread - RevZilla

Yep, same here........ I'm holding out for the Honda..........

I have my '09 vstrom up for sale and when it goes I am still not sure which bike I will buy, the 750x or a new 650x vstrom. I have test ridden both and there are advantages to each. One significant advantage the vstrom has is there are so many of them on the road there is tremendous choice in aftermarket accessories. I would be happy with either bike. The new vstrom is much better balanced (and has a superior windscreen) to my bike, and would be a better fit for me without any modifications than the Honda, and I am leaning a little in that direction at the moment but it may come down to which one will be a better deal. Good luck with your decision!

I like the fact the NC's head is easier to get at. Drop the radiator and its right there. Quick and easy compared to the strom. I think the strom has longer intervals though.

I'm not sure. I asked the dealer and he said Strom has 10000km interval while Honda has 12000km

I've had two Vstrom 650s. I'd did enjoy both but if the NC750X was available at the time it would have been the NC. The reasons I like the NC over the Vstrom are as follows.

1. Thre front trunk. I no long have to ride with my luggage on my commute to work.
2. The NC has better gas mileage.
3. The low centre of gravity. It makes the NC much better at low speed manovering. I can make much tighter turns and it's much easier to control.
4. The Vstrom is a huge bike. The NC, too me was just the right size.
5. The NC is a much better looking bike. The Vstrom is a mess. I've had many people comment on my NC and say "that a nice looking bike". When I finish riding my NC I still look back for a last look. Kind of like having a nice looking wife. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
6. Love the torque of the NC. It makes the bike a more relaxing ride. The Vstrom I was always ringing it neck to get more power from it.

I've had two Vstrom 650s. I'd did enjoy both but if the NC750X was available at the time it would have been the NC. The reasons I like the NC over the Vstrom are as follows.

1. Thre front trunk. I no long have to ride with my luggage on my commute to work.
2. The NC has better gas mileage.
3. The low centre of gravity. It makes the NC much better at low speed manovering. I can make much tighter turns and it's much easier to control.
4. The Vstrom is a huge bike. The NC, too me was just the right size.
5. The NC is a much better looking bike. The Vstrom is a mess. I've had many people comment on my NC and say "that a nice looking bike". When I finish riding my NC I still look back for a last look. Kind of like having a nice looking wife. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
6. Love the torque of the NC. It makes the bike a more relaxing ride. The Vstrom I was always ringing it neck to get more power from it.

All of those are pluses for sure, which is why it is not an easy choice between the two, other than #4 (for me). When I was on the '15 vstrom I was surprised that at 120 kph (70ish mph) there was nothing but calm air around my helmet which is NOT the case with my current bike even with my mods. The test ride on the 750x didn't spend much time at hwy speed but I did notice buffeting at around 100 kph/60 mph which would need to be addressed with a different windscreen. The stock seat on the vstrom has improved also, and the spoked wheels do wonders for the appearance of the bike. But as you point out, there are lots of advantages for the 750x and I could be very happy with either one.

BTW v-strom is not huge bike, it's taller nad a bit longer but it's lighter then nc750x.

BTW v-strom is not huge bike, it's taller nad a bit longer but it's lighter then nc750x.

Sit on a NC then on the Vstrom. The Vstrom feels massive to the NC. Perception is everything. Even though the NC is heavier because the it's low COG it feels so maneuverable. Slow speed riding on the NC is a joy. My taller Vstroms with a fuel tank of fuel and high COG wanted to take a nap.

Which one do you think looks better?

To sum it up the new Vstrom is a great bike but every bike has compromises. You have to choose what's important to you. I would take both out on the same day back to back for at least an hour. Walk away from both, sleep on it then make your decision in the morning and stay by that decision. Isn't it great that we have choices and for me there is nothing better than shopping for a new bike. Have fun!

pic-color-STD-03.jpg

suzuki-v-strom-650-a-2w.jpg

spoked wheels
2015SuzukiV-Strom650XTABS3.jpg

fugly
dl650091506.jpg

Back