• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Grand Canyon trip LIVE

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dear Friends,

!StratTuner : Glympse

[LINK]

I'm headed for the North rim of the Grand Canyon to camp.
Meeting "ItLives" tomorrow morning near first camp site.

One night in Phoenix first, then on to the great views.
Look in on me if you want to at the address above.

If it reads "expired" then try again later. I have to reset it
every four hours.

cheers,

Home now.. photos in this post...
tappatalk... used to be easy to use... then they changed thier interface, and suddenly I didn't know how find anything.
I've removed it from my phone... sigh... OK..on to photos...

ontheway.jpg
on the way up highway 89a, we stopped at a roadside turnout and found a photographer there who volunteered to take our picture.

pano.jpg
Here is the panorama of that same view... (best viewed full screen).

pic4.jpg
the relaxed feet of two Motorcycle riders. Life is good.

pic1.jpg
Road 22 along the Northern Rim Park's main entrance. Turn right. Go 1/4 mile. Turn right ... and Wow!

ItLives came prepared for real camping. I had a supply of gatorade and power bars, but he had cooking tools and chicken noodle soup! We even had tea and a prayer before the meal. I had to miss work to do this, but in a year I will remember the camping... I wouldn't have remembered that day of work at all.

At sunset a deer wandered by a stone's throw from the camp fire. There are no pictures of that. It's a sacred "zen" moment you have to experience.
(A picture doesn't communicate the experience well enough.)

Last edited:
Sorry i missed you Strat. Me and GKNC700x showed up at Itlives campsite around 2:00. What a great place. After spending a few days in Utah it was refreshing to see trees!

that site was amazing ... in the morning on the way out, I stopped at the corner of the main road, and 22 and watched as 6 deer took turns jumping over a small fence to get to the watering hole.
It was like travelling through a beautiful painting.

No cell phone signal there. I'm glad you found "ItLives" still in residence.

When the George and Mike pulled in that same deer was right there. She high-tailed it quick though.
I would have liked to have stayed in that campsite a couple of days and headed out on the unladen bikes to see if we could make it to Crazy Jug Point...
maybe next year.

more pics

Here are some more -
Me, living on the edge
DSCN1029 (2) - Copy.jpg
The edge...oops, just realized that's not the rock I was on. Mine was similar, but to the right.
DSCN1026.jpg
Middle - George(gaknc700X), Right- Mike (banjoferg) & Left - Mike (itlives)
DSCN1033.jpg
Roughing it....again. Actually this place was great to find after a very long day in the saddle. It's called Abe's and is in Navajo Dam, NM. It's a fly fishing "ranch". The owners are great people! The rooms are very reasonable.
DSCN1030.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe some of the others will post some. Mine are on my computer at home and I'm at work.
I will say we did more riding than picture taking!

Maybe some of the others will post some. Mine are on my computer at home and I'm at work.
I will say we did more riding than picture taking!
Yeah I totally understand, I did the same last october...a couple of pics and a lot of miles ! Best things to do. Anyway the better souvenirs are in your head for a long long time...

Great pictures. I'd really love to ride there someday. I've been to the area but not on a bike.

Great pictures. I'd really love to ride there someday. I've been to the area but not on a bike.

Plans are to do it again next year around the same time. It will be more camping and less motelling.
I plan on setting up camp and dropping all the excess weight and go have some fun on the dirt and gravel. I have a vehicle road use map from the Rangers up there. There are literally 100's of dirt roads to explore.
I still want to get to Crazy Jug Point and a couple of other places.

Hey George! Post up the pics of you at Four Corners!

OK.. more pictures...

ItLives enjoys a fine cigar and an adult beverage.
20150607_184622.jpg

Yours truly, rests on his much modified NC700x in the parking lot at Grand Canyon park.
20150607_135721.jpg

Though it may look like I've posted this one before, look closely at dead center, and you'll see the deer that wandered by!
20150607_194107.jpg

That trip looks so cool, I think I'll quit my job and join you guys next year! Thanks for posting the photos. They're awesome.

Back